Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No throttle/take off

Once you get to the Channels display from double tapping Volts, check the response of both sticks in both directions with the Rate slider at Turtle and at Rabbit.

Throttle (CH01) should be near 0% at full down and 100% full up in Rabbit and 20% full down and 80% full up in Turtle. At neutral it should be 50%.

Pitch (CH03) and Roll (CH02) on the right stick should be -80% to +80% in Turtle and -100% to +100% in Rabbit.

Yaw (CH04) should be near +/-50% in Turtle and +/-80% in Rabbit.

The channel settings should show a range for J1 of about "5" to "85". DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING in Channel settings if you are not familiar with it. Being in this menu has been the source of many messed up controllers.

I think you have already answered the question, but please try the display under "Volts" again. It is just a rapid double tap. More taps than two often cause the display to not appear.

Had you been in the Channel Setting menu just prior to the problem showing up?
No never been there before, I've read the hardships before

@johnnyb57

@Steve Carr , @WTFDproject , and myself have been discussing your problem. To try and shorten the process of troubleshooting we feel it would be best to do a factory reset of your ST-16 and then the hidden menu calibration. Before doing those I would also suggest backing up your FlightLog directory so you have a copy of that flight history.

Refer to Attachment 46 in the document in this post Way To Fix Drones project To make a copy of your FlightLog directory on the ST-16.

Then perform the factory reset of the ST-16 using the directions in this video.

Then perform the hidden menu calibration for the ST-16.

At this point you should be good to go as long as the board you replaced is not defective. The calibration should let you know.

Once you get to the Channels display from double tapping Volts, check the response of both sticks in both directions with the Rate slider at Turtle and at Rabbit.

Throttle (CH01) should be near 0% at full down and 100% full up in Rabbit and 20% full down and 80% full up in Turtle. At neutral it should be 50%.

Pitch (CH03) and Roll (CH02) on the right stick should be -80% to +80% in Turtle and -100% to +100% in Rabbit.

Yaw (CH04) should be near +/-50% in Turtle and +/-80% in Rabbit.
Heres what I got :
throttle cho3
turtle 58%
- 59%
rabbit 93%
- 96%
yaw cho 4
turtle 47%
- 48%
rabbit 76%
-78%
pitch cho 1
turtle 79%
20%
cho 2 l/r
turtle 60%
- 60%
rabbit 60%
-60%

Heres what I got :
throttle cho3
yaw cho 4
pitch cho 1
cho 2 l/r
That may explain a LOT. Your controller is not in the normal Mode 2. It is selected to Mode 1.
If you did not do this intentionally, then you are pushing the wrong stick for throttle. And very lucky you didn't get the H to fly.
The Modes are changed in "System Settings / Mode Select".

That may explain a LOT. Your controller is not in the normal Mode 2. It is selected to Mode 1.
If you did not do this intentionally, then you are pushing the wrong stick for throttle. And very lucky you didn't get the H to fly.
The Modes are changed in "System Settings / Mode Select".
You were correct, I just switched it will check it tomorrow. In a way I'm glad this happened as its helping, or I should say the members are helping me learn the ins and outs on these things. Once again I thank all of you, and i'n indebted to your knowledge, thanx again

It may not be over. I'm not sure why the drone did not pitch forward onto it's nose. Be sure to apply caution when you check it.
For what it's worth, Let me add some general discussion about Hardware Monitor and the final outputs:
Hardware Monitor is an EXCELLENT tool for it's purpose, which is essentially checking the nearly raw output of each controller. It's main drawback is not in itself, but in us, the pilots. Many pilots believe what is shown in Hardware Monitor is what is going to the drone. It is not. And sometimes dangerously not.
This drawing might help explain why checking the final output display is a better indication of what the controller is sending:
Signal Overview.jpg

Last edited:
It may not be over. I'm not sure why the drone did not pitch forward onto it's nose. Be sure to apply caution when you check it.
Update: Thanks to @Steve Carr, we now know the TH will NOT respond to Yaw, Pitch or Roll commands prior to take off. Experiment was done with props off. Ran experiment in Mode 1 and Mode 2. In each case, ONLY the channel assigned to throttle would increase prop speed.

Update: Thanks to @Steve Carr, we now know the TH will NOT respond to Yaw, Pitch or Roll commands prior to take off. Experiment was done with props off. Ran experiment in Mode 1 and Mode 2. In each case, ONLY the channel assigned to throttle would increase prop speed.
Whats confusing me is; I had flown it awhile back, and it was in mode 2 which l never changed how could this have changed on its own ?

Trust me. It is easy to change one of these controllers and have no idea you changed it. I've done it myself, and have heard the tale from others. In at least one episode, I suspected some kids were involved while Grandpa wasn't looking. But I don't think the controllers have a defect that causes them to make changes to themselves.
And if you think it's easy to change the Mode menu, just wait till you open "Channel Settings". I swear, you can mess up in there just by looking at it sideways. It's a great tool if you grew up with it. Those of us who did not have to learn by "cautious experimentation". Similar to "trial and error". Mostly error. I've got some broken plastic to memorialize my education.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Havnt flown my h in awhile, so today started the motors after everything was in place sats, etc gave it throttle, but no lift off or rise in motor speed ? So l re-calibrated the compass, still no lift off, then re- bounded everything but still the same ? What am l missing ?
Had the same thing happen. I reloaded the firmware, recalibrated everything, but have not had the time to try again. Let me know what you find!

Had the same thing happen. I reloaded the firmware, recalibrated everything, but have not had the time to try again. Let me know what you find!
After re-binding, and everything wtfd noticed it was in mode 1 instead of mode 2, now everythings back to normal did a couple of test flights and alls good

Reactions: WTFDproject
After re-binding, and everything wtfd noticed it was in mode 1 instead of mode 2, now everythings back to normal did a couple of test flights and alls good
Thanks for the reply, I'll check. Was mode 2 the factory setting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval