Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even mention the 12.5 minute wait period on these forums, you'll get roasted. I too wait 12.5 minutes on the initial flight in a new area, where I'm obtaining new GPS info, or when I haven't flown for a long period of time.

I think the important step we do but do not realize is nessesary is a full power down, power up after all the calibrations are done.
I had the same camera gimbal issues after calibration.
Camera was not centered, and had a slight left list. Powered off/on and camera was centered and works as it should.
Also the flash pattern on the tail light is way different. In angle mode, steady purple, quick white (ST-16 has GPS lock) steady purple. I actually like it better with the slower flash rate.

Just completed upgrade and bird is unflyable, telling me it is operating on a 5 rotor model land immediately motors jerking transmitter vibrating, no idea what is happening to my bird,will try it all again and see.
Mine is doing the same

Don't even mention the 12.5 minute wait period on these forums, you'll get roasted. I too wait 12.5 minutes on the initial flight in a new area, where I'm obtaining new GPS info, or when I haven't flown for a long period of time.

Whitelaw, Yes, I have seen these roasts. However, for those that are unwilling to listen to an offer of help for a problem they cannot resolve, they can continue in the direction of their choice. I will still offer these suggestions for those that are new (and old) that want to resolve the problem and were not aware of this information. If it saves one person from crashing their TH, then it is worth (not) listening to the roasts as they are of no help. Thanks for the support. Happy Flying.

Whitelaw, Yes, I have seen these roasts. However, for those that are unwilling to listen to an offer of help for a problem they cannot resolve, they can continue in the direction of their choice. I will still offer these suggestions for those that are new (and old) that want to resolve the problem and were not aware of this information. If it saves one person from crashing their TH, then it is worth (not) listening to the roasts as they are of no help. Thanks for the support. Happy Flying.

Agreed. These forums are a community of enthusiasts just trying to help each other where ever possible. Happy flying to you as well.!

Well I did the first flight with the V3.0 today and have to say that I'm not very pleased.
I've calibrated the accelerometer and the gimbal at home and went then to fly the bird.
First thing when I powered up the copter was that I've got a WiFi Error. Either restarting the TH nor the ST16 helped so I've binded them again which helped then in the end. Then I've calibrated the compass and took off. The goal was to fly some routes and do a panorama picture. By capturing the panorama I've noticed that the camera is also capturing its own retracted landing gear?! This is completely stupid. While preparing for landing I've noticed that the copter is drifting and after switching off the motors I saw the LED blinking one time in orange color, which is indicating a compass problem. So I've calibrated the compass again and started the next test flight with the same goals. What I've noticed was that the video is not smooth but juddery. I didn't had this experience before.

I am already thinking to downgrade back to the previous version.

Edit: I was made aware that the juddery video transmission is deriving from the photo mode. As I was mostly filming before I never noted this. Now by testing the new picture features I had the drone switched to photo mode. So I take my complaint about this back. It seems not to be related with the new firmware

Last edited:
Yuneec has posted this video. It's in german, no english version yet.

Google's translation of the title:
Problems updating to TYPHOON H 3.0? Here's the solution

Use auto translate to your language from the youtube settings.

Did I see correctly? Did he actually remove the battery to do this firmware flash? Cool. Great info!

Did the update today. Everything went and worked 100% here. So glad, I really hate updating. So scary in fear of the "brick". One thing I noticed....after updating the st16, my realsense was not enabled on the "other settings" tab. Which totally makes sense being the h and h pro both use the same firmware. Just remember to re check that box if you have the module.

Did the update, calibrations and all works well. No drift or errors. Flew 2 batteries and all is well. I tested the panorama function today and since I have the 80deg FOV Peau lens I don't quite get a 360. Probably needs the stock 115deg FOV lens for that.

Attachments

• Typhoon H pano test.jpg
    Typhoon H pano test.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
Four great flights today and no compass warnings. The camera disconnected three times, on legs up and apparently randomly:(.

I tried the 12 min thing before flying it. Had no problems at all after that. Great tip I'll use in the future too! Thank you...

You won't get roasted from me. It is good practice to wait for a solid 12 minutes especially after a fw update or when flying for the first time in a new area and also if you haven't flown in a couple weeks (on average). This is to allow for a solid download of the almanac from the satellites. When you think about it, that isn't a very long time to wait. I use this time to go over my flight plan, check camera settings, scratch myselfo_O, sip my beer (or coffee - depending on the time of day), etc, etc.

You won't get roasted from me. It is good practice to wait for a solid 12 minutes especially after a fw update or when flying for the first time in a new area and also if you haven't flown in a couple weeks (on average). This is to allow for a solid download of the almanac from the satellites. When you think about it, that isn't a very long time to wait. I use this time to go over my flight plan, check camera settings, scratch myselfo_O, sip my beer (or coffee - depending on the time of day), etc, etc.

Don't forget to put in a fresh battery after waiting the 12 minutes ..

The same problem! Did you find an answer?

Just FYI a couple of days ago I posted a comment in the video posted by Yuneec UK and this was their answer:

Yuneec Europe
Hi Jules,
no problem. You can do the update like explained in the video. Just keep in mind that the "update via OTA" feature will not work until all component have been updated "the old way" once.

So I guess the you shouldnt use OTA for this update but use it for later updates.

Reactions: Puxnstx
The same problem! Did you find an answer?
I found that the update had been downloaded onto the sd card but it wouldn't complete the update process.
If you turn everything off and on again and start the update process, because the file has already been downloaded the system doesn't start the OTA process but just looks for the file and updates the 'old way' . It worked fine from there on.

Don't forget to put in a fresh battery after waiting the 12 minutes ..

The 12.5 minute thing is obviously much easier with multiple batteries. Not exactly sure how much energy is burned sitting without the motors turning, waiting out the 12.5 minutes. Anyone have any insight on this?

I cautiously did the update today. Everything went fine and I just flew one full battery with no issues. New features seem to work fine. Don't notice any difference flying. All is good.

The 12.5 minute thing is obviously much easier with multiple batteries. Not exactly sure how much energy is burned sitting without the motors turning, waiting out the 12.5 minutes. Anyone have any insight on this?

Waiting for that period of time doesn't seem to draw much at all from the battery. I use the same battery for my first flight and I have not noticed any real drop in flight time from that battery to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz