Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already created a posting about this issue, but it was deleted for some reason. It was stated that it belonged in the sticky thread. It would have been great to be able to get a heads up before deleting. It took a while trying to type out and explain the issues I am having. Also, this thread doesn't seem like the correct place for this kind of posting. This thread was started in the beginning to address updating procedures and not a posting to where people that have updated the latest firmware can list some of the issues they have found with it. Hopefully someone can get a posting started to be able to address these issues with the new firmware. For now, I will try posting here and maybe try to find a way to remedy these issues.

First off, after installing the latest firmware I performed a gimbal calibration and once it had completed, the gimbal was turned about 20 degrees to the left. Before the update, I noticed that may video footage seemed to be turned slightly to the right, but I figured it was an illusion, due to the gimbal looking straight when I would look at the copter. After performing the calibration, I powered down the bird and then turned it back on. Once it had initialized, the gimbal was ever so slightly to the right. I tried the calibration again and it went back to being about 20 degrees to the left of center.

The second issue is much more serious.
I was getting video dropouts quite often. The copter was less than 100' from me, so I know it wasn't a range issue. Instead of dropping out and then picking back up a few seconds later like what generally happens when I get some distance between the bird and the ST16, the video would freeze for about 15-20 seconds and the video would zip back up to the current feed in quadruple time. I already explained this once, so hopefully I am able to explain it clearly again. Instead of freezing for a period of time and then jumping to the current position in an instant. The video feed would start playing again, but it would be behind and would replay everything that had been captured during those 15-20 seconds. However, it would be in almost like a triple-quadruple speed and then when it was back up to the current location, the video would smooth out again. I generally fly FPV, but it was so bad that I couldn't even think of flying via just the video feed. Also, the video feed was very rough. It would stutter at times. I checked the footage afterward and everything is fine. Hopefully, I have been able to explain my issue. I may try starting another posting again. We really need to get another sticky started where members can post their experiences with the new firmware. Positive or negative. I am going to copy this posting in case it gets deleted again.

UPDATE:
I also found out that when I flip the gimbal pan switch to the 1st position, it does not bring the camera back to center. It just sits at whatever position it was previously panned to. However, there is a very slight panning that take place when it is sitting. Very slowly turning. When I flip the switch to the 2nd & 3rd positions, I can pan with the know. However, it won't swing back to front and center when flipped all the way up.

I have experienced the same issue after installing v3 firmware. I noticed that the gimbal (after recallibrating) was moving slightly toward the left (I think a full 360 turn of the gimball would take about 1 minute). I could pan and rotate the gimball with the ST16. Panaroma function took 18 photo's without turning the gimbal. After restating the H the problem was gone. But when I went for the second flight (new battery) I experienced the same problem with the gimbal. Again, after restarting the H, the problem was gone.

After the October 28th update I can't get "Team" mode with my two ST16's to work. I get the error message "Failed to bind camera, it has been occupied or does not support " as seen in attached screenshot.
I called CS in Germany, they told me that it was a known problem and they were working on a solution. Can anyone with two ST16 confirm that they have the same problem.
IMG_0434.JPG

Rock Steady -
Had no issues prior to upgrade with version 2.21. Had skipped 2.24 due to reported issues, and installed 2.25 but didn't fly or test knowing a new release was coming.

Installed 3.o per Yuneec Yutube video instructions (exactly) including clearing controller data and calibrating the accelerometer and compass.

Results: ROCK STEADY. Responsive and all functions work without issue. Still haven't fixed the file date-time stamp - continues to be 1 hour off. Have not yet checked the video quality, but it looked good on the download link. Love the exposure option for point on the screen rather than average metering -- resolving a lot of the "floating" exposure during flight (other than lock). She's good to go!

Reactions: Johnny Cage
I'm tempted to upgrade from 2.21 but sceptic as people saying 6 flights good and then drifting bla bla bla. Still doesn't sound reliable. The big question is how to easily go back to 2.21 if 3.0 is no good.

After the update mine flies as good as before (maybe a notch more stable while hovering). I didn't calibrate anything nor did I delete any old logs.
However on one occasion I found the histogram to freeze which didn't allow to enter the camera settings menu. All other buttons and menus worked. I also had one flight where I tried the Panorama shot and it took about 3 or 4 pictures and then it took over 30 seconds for the gimbal to advance to the next one, like it was hung up.

Reactions: Kev Waite
I did the update as per the video with no issues. After calibrating everything my camera appeared to be off center but I took it up anyway. I tried the panoramic feature, it was taking photos but not rotating. I brought the Typhoon H back to me and recycled the power and flew again after which everything worked flawlessly. I have flown 2 batteries so far. I did not frame the shot as I was just testing it out.
YUN00041-PANO.jpg

I did the update as per the video with no issues. After calibrating everything my camera appeared to be off center but I took it up anyway. I tried the panoramic feature, it was taking photos but not rotating. I brought the Typhoon H back to me and recycled the power and flew again after which everything worked flawlessly. I have flown 2 batteries so far. I did not frame the shot as I was just testing it out.
View attachment 3915
Same has just happened to me, First attempt at a panorama and the camera did not turn. Tried again on the next battery and everything worked as it should, only thing I did different on the second battery was to shoot some video before trying the panorama.

Reactions: Keimon Lawrence
Same here, first attempt failed, all others have been successful. Really great feature. Now if only my old laptop had the horse power to render one out with Panorama studio.

The H felt very solid after the update. Short late evening clip forgot I had an 8 ND filter on.

All working fine with new updates but now I cannot set video and camera mode independently. I usually shoot stills in DNG and RAW and video in Gorgeous, but with the new firmware, setting stills mode also sets the video mode and vice versa so you need to spend time re-setting when switching between stills and video.

Last edited:
Well bit the bullet.. did the upgrade...by the video... some steps needed to repeat but it took it. So far after 2 batteries is it took forever for the camera to connect to the st16 the 2nd time out.. Not sure what that was about but it flew and took pictures just fine. Thanks for the instruction video..!

Well bit the bullet.. did the upgrade...by the video... some steps needed to repeat but it took it. So far after 2 batteries is it took forever for the camera to connect to the st16 the 2nd time out.. Not sure what that was about but it flew and took pictures just fine. Thanks for the instruction video..!

Hey Richard, sounds like you got it. I believe this update indicates that Yuneec is starting to get a handle on integrating all this stuff to work together.
Probably not there yet but I'm enjoying mine. 73

after i did the update of all and recalibrate i have had some issues. after rotate cam...it don't jump to front with the cam-switch.....and going on in rotate slowly...i have switch to team mode, stick works but when i stop input stick it slowly go on with rotate... (it's not the controller, the st16 monitor shows zero, well calibrated)
after i turn off and on the TH, the cam jumps forward how it should (maybe it's needed teammode and back and turn off/on again the TH)
then i missed in software the trim buttons...to turn on/off. i tried the trim buttons, but nothing happen. 30 min later after restart all i tap the trim...get an explanation and it works again (without software activate) and if i use the stick the trim is gone ....good

it seems the cam now works better with low lights....but manual mode often needs 3-5 time to do a setting...it shows the value, but you see nothing happen in pic-preview and when you start do pic it jumps to last value he wanted ....
telemetry app still don't work (

after i did the update of all and recalibrate i have had some issues. after rotate cam...it don't jump to front with the cam-switch.....and going on in rotate slowly...i have switch to team mode, stick works but when i stop input stick it slowly go on with rotate... (it's not the controller, the st16 monitor shows zero, well calibrated)
after i turn off and on the TH, the cam jumps forward how it should (maybe it's needed teammode and back and turn off/on again the TH)
then i missed in software the trim buttons...to turn on/off. i tried the trim buttons, but nothing happen. 30 min later after restart all i tap the trim...get an explanation and it works again (without software activate) and if i use the stick the trim is gone ....good

it seems the cam now works better with low lights....but manual mode often needs 3-5 time to do a setting...it shows the value, but you see nothing happen in pic-preview and when you start do pic it jumps to last value he wanted ....
telemetry app still don't work (
You might try the hidden transmitter calibration. Make sure your sliders and the camera pan knob are centered before calibrating.

no no... thanks. it's well calibrated...and monitor shows it's right. and it was driving alone to that side slow in which side i was going before.... so can't be the calibrate thing. and after team mode (in team mode issue excist) on and off and restart all ...it works how it should

Did the update last night. Loaded the ST16+ fw first then wifi to the H.

All went smooth as but had a few niggles post update:

1. Upon updating the ST16+ controller software and powering on the H for the wifi segment of the update, the Aileron stick had lost its calibration by a few points to the left, and the H was beeping (indicating the stick was engaged). I kept going with the update until the end ignoring the beeps.
Fix - Once the update was complete, I checked the controller button/stick status, and found the Aileron stick was off. I then re-calibrated the sticks in the hidden menu and all passed all good (there is a youtube video showing how its done - I followed this and worked)

2. Upon completion of the ST16+ update and then re-binding the H to the ST16+ controller, I also got a "OBJ Avoidance System Failure" warning. I can only assume this was because the ST16+ was updated to newer firmware and the H was not updated at that stage.
Fix - The error went away once the H Pro was updated.

3. Upon finishing the Accelerometer calibration on a calibrated level surface, I carried out the gimbal calibration. Post calibration, it did not center even with controller input (but was level), and had a slow left turn.
Fix - I re-did the gimbal calibration again and the slow turn stopped, but the camera was not centred. I then powered off the H, moved the camera back around to the front and powered on again - all fixed, no further issues.

4. I noticed that the Realsense check box was not ticked for my H Pro. Also the Advanced mode was not enabled. I think the default setup (when you delete all of the app data) is for a standard H (not the pro) - I simply enabled both.

Comments:
I tested the panoramic software the moment I had sorted the above issues, and it worked real good. Very impressed.

The connection time of the ST16+ to the H was much better than 2.23 FW that I was previously on. Also very impressed.

I'll do the compass calibration and she how she flies this afternoon :)

Last edited:
3. Upon finishing the Accelerometer calibration on a calibrated level surface, I carried out the gimbal calibration. Post calibration, it did not center even with controller input (but was level), and had a slow left turn.
Fix - I re-did t:)he gimbal calibration again and the slow turn stopped, but the camera was not centred. I then powered off the H, moved the camera back around to the front and powered on again - all fixed, no further issues.
This seems to be an issue for some people.
I have had the same results after the update.
It is probably best to get in a habit of manually centering the camera before powering up.

Am i the only one that is still having problems with the h after the latest update
My h is still drifting to one side and it is not holding by gps
I have update my h the right way with help of the video from yuneec
I am really desperate at the moment

When calibrating the compass, make sure there is no metal within 25 feet. ST16, Watches, Key Fobs, Keys, Pens, etc. Some people calibrate in their drive. If you have a concrete drive, you need to move else where as there is metal rebar in the concrete. You might also turn on the H and let it sit there for at least 12.5 minutes without the motors running before your calibration. This will ensure you have a good GPS registry.
Once your done, do a hover test, and several left/right, forward backward movements to test for drift. If you still have it, recalibrate again. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.
Once you have a good calibration, you will not have to wait more than a minute to connect to your satellites before any future flights. Good Luck and have a safe flight.

Reactions: Graham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy