Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to update, the ST16 keeps saying "Update package not find!"

I have verified and the file is on the sd card.

I had this same issue. I contacted Yuneec and was told to reformat the card and only use a 32Gb or smaller card. I normally use a 64Gb card in the camera, so I formatted a 2Gb card as FAT with my laptop and then stuck the file on it. Again, got the same error. Reformatted another card as FAT32, copied the file to it, and this time the ST16 found it and the install proceeded.

Before starting this update please watch the video. This update is a bit different than previous ones. Pay particular attention to min 2:18 on the video. You need to erase previous flight data before updating the H.
I will add a survey to this post at a later date.

PLEASE.......limit discussion on this post to this update. This is intended to be informational to those who are looking for answers.

Before starting this update please watch the video. This update is a bit different than previous ones. Pay particular attention to min 2:18 on the video. You need to erase previous flight data before updating the H.
I will add a survey to this post at a later date.

PLEASE.......limit discussion on this post to this update. This is intended to be informational to those who are looking for answers.

After updating the ST16, deleting the flight data, and rebinding, I transferred the SD card to the camera to update the H, as described in the video. When I tap on the update button, the screen goes black and twice flashes the message "Unfortunately, Flightmode has stopped". It then kicks me back to the home screen. Anyone else experience this?

I had the exact same experience and I couldn't find a way to get rid of instructions screen either... It seems like there should be two buttons (OK/Cancel) to press at the bottom of the screen, but there is none.. I'll try a reinstall tomorrow...

I experienced same problem.....Today it solved...
The solution is Font size....(settings(android) - display - font size - 'normal')
My font size was huge...ㅠㅠ
and (ok, cancel) button appeared....^^

Flew for the first time today with the 3.0 fw. I was getting a little drift. I redid the ACC cal but didn't help. The drift was worse on decent from around 80m.. Should I re-do the compass calibration again? It did not do this on the 2.23 FW I came from.

Mine was drifting as well, calibrating the compass again helped .

When you all say drifting, can you explain what you mean by that. For example..... when you go to full stop, is copter making circle and need time to stabilize or/and you steer to one direction and copter slightly goes of the track ?

When you all say drifting, can you explain what you mean by that. For example..... when you go to full stop, is copter making circle and need time to stabilize or/and you steer to one direction and copter slightly goes of the track ?
Mine was drifting to the right as I pushed the stick forward. And once I stopped, it would drift in small circles.

When I go to full stop the Copter was drifting straight to the right but without doing cycles. Pushing the stick to the reverse side helped but it needed two or three corrections . For me a normal thing if it would be a RC helicopter but not a GPS high tech piece .

Mine was drifting to the right as I pushed the stick forward. And once I stopped, it would drift in small circles.
So it seems this is the same issue that I had when I upgraded to FW 2.25. Then I reverted back to 2.21 and all is good. I hope you all with drifting problem did reported this to Yuneec ?

All of the drifting responses above is what I am experiencing. Its intermittent too, eg when I was at 80m AGL and taking panoramic pics, I had no issues, but as I got closer to the ground she wandered (in my case to the left - as you look at the rear of the craft). When I brought it down to +3m there was no toilet bowel effect at all. It would wander to the left. I would correct and then it would stay stationary for a bit, then go off in another direction. I also noticed there was a height deviation on yaw. As I spin the craft it would increase in height, and when I would decrease in height there is a momentary jump in height then decent.. All a bit strange. Is there any way I can roll back to 2.23 or am I stuck now on 3.0 ?

I am worried that they are introducing new features and not dealing with most important thing which is safe and stable flying. What should we do with all sorts of great features when main one - flying , is not working how it should.

So it seems this is the same issue that I had when I upgraded to FW 2.25. Then I reverted back to 2.21 and all is good. I hope you all with drifting problem did reported this to Yuneec ?
Went out on a flight today, same problem. Did a compass calibration and fixed everything. Then my camera wouldn't connect. I took it off for the calibration and didn't notice one of the six pins was pushed down. Popped it back up and all was good. It flew like an angel!!! I almost enjoy these little quirks, they keep me on my toes and teach me a lot about flying and the drone.

Reactions: Ward Paterson
My H is still flying great with the new update but I can't calibrate the compass. All I get is super fast blinking light but it doesn't do anything after I start the process.

What's the color? I first thought I have a compass error but then saw that the blinking light (with permanent beeping) is red which means WiFi Error. So calibrating the compass is useless in this situation ;)

All of the drifting responses above is what I am experiencing. Its intermittent too, eg when I was at 80m AGL and taking panoramic pics, I had no issues, but as I got closer to the ground she wandered (in my case to the left - as you look at the rear of the craft). When I brought it down to +3m there was no toilet bowel effect at all. It would wander to the left. I would correct and then it would stay stationary for a bit, then go off in another direction. I also noticed there was a height deviation on yaw. As I spin the craft it would increase in height, and when I would decrease in height there is a momentary jump in height then decent.. All a bit strange. Is there any way I can roll back to 2.23 or am I stuck now on 3.0 ?

That's true for mine as well when I rememer correctly. No problem in higher altitude, drifting started at about 3-4m. However after the compass re-calibration it was also very stable close to the ground.
For those who have/had the same issue, do you fly the RS version? I first started thinking it could be somehow related to the IPS which comes also to play at this altitude.

Just did the update on both the ST16 and the H .. watched the video then went back and did the update step by step along with the video and everything was going super until I got to the OTA .. I could not get the ST16 to connect to my wifi .. got the ole timed out routine ... tried several times .. nothin' .. so I restarted both and I got N/A on the H info and I'm thinking the worst .. that nasty word BRICKED .. so I heard someone mention of updating the old fashion way which is what I tried ... did another restart and ... BINGO ... now both the ST16 and the H are updated I just need to do all the calibrations and then make sure all the new features are there and working ... why I couldn't get the wifi update to work I don't understand because when I'm in Tab mode I can connect with my wifi right off ... I even tried that ... connecting my ST16 with my wifi first and then trying the OTA ... nope ... maybe Yuneec has some more work to do with the OTA update scenario. But thanks to this forum and all the positive helpful posts I was able to get my H back in operation ... Thank You posters and Staff Members / Moderators ... now I just hope she flies as good as it was ... solid !!

After updating the ST16, deleting the flight data, and rebinding, I transferred the SD card to the camera to update the H, as described in the video. When I tap on the update button, the screen goes black and twice flashes the message "Unfortunately, Flightmode has stopped". It then kicks me back to the home screen. Anyone else experience this?

I experienced a different problem. After updating, I used the panoramic and burst features for a couple of days, with everything working as it should. Turned on the ST16 last night and it went to the Android screen for about 10 seconds, then went black. Tried removing the battery, no success. Called Yuneec and told them of the symptoms and they said it was bricked. It worked great for two days after the update and all the features worked perfectly. Sending the ST 16 into them to diagnose.

I experienced a different problem. After updating, I used the panoramic and burst features for a couple of days, with everything working as it should. Turned on the ST16 last night and it went to the Android screen for about 10 seconds, then went black. Tried removing the battery, no success. Called Yuneec and told them of the symptoms and they said it was bricked. It worked great for two days after the update and all the features worked perfectly. Sending the ST 16 into them to diagnose.
Dang, that doesn't sound good. wonder what just made it quit working?

Alright here's the million dollar question. Anyone know how to hard reset or boot up an ST that won't boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49