Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. They are telling me to send it in, which is fine. Just a pain in the butt.

I have nothing but good things to say about Yuneec's customer service. Just trying to avoid the "shipping" bandits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michael Brown
When I try to update, the ST16 keeps saying "Update package not find!"

I have verified and the file is on the sd card.
Be sure there is NOTHING else on the card except the upgrade for the Camera or Controller. Same thing happened to me until I placed each upgrade on the card alone. Then it worked fine.

I completed my upgrade this morning with some minor quirks during the upgrade process, but all the steps completed. The odd thing I noticed is that I cannot do a Compass calibration, the menu option is available, but the interface will not respond to me pressing the Calibrate Compass option. The second thing, is that although everything is bound, I get a warning message at the top of my screen saying the camera is not available, even though I have a live picture and was able to take pictures/video and test out the new camera features. Also, it took a while for me to get off the ground, I kept getting a red/green flashing light and sometime solid white....I restarted the drone a couple times and then it cleared up so I had the purple light and was able to fly.
The same thing is happening to me. I can't calibrate anything. Gimbal, Accelerometer or the compass. It just ignores the command. Any ideas folks? I've rebooted twice already. Seem ready to fly...

Reactions: Merse
I just updated and re-calibrated both compass and acc. Noticed the drifting to the right while only pushing forward on the right stick just like others have mentioned before. (Note: I didn't have this issue in prior firmware updates. Figured I had gotten lucky.) Landed it, reset the H, took it out further into the field away from any metal or electronics, re-calibrated the compass, took it back up and tested the flight. Slightly better than the first time. Landed and reset the H again, this time I let it hover for about a min at roughly 20ft. DUN DUN DUN!!!! It started getting the infamous "toilet bowl" effect. Something doesn't seem right with the GPS. I'm going to try a different location, more secluded, tomorrow and see if anything is different. So far, its a bummer.

I redid the compass calibration, then ACC again. Seems fine now, no drifting. I also did another Tx calibration as my left roll stick seemed to be off. I want the 2.23 FW back again..

One other issue I've noticed is when you go to the panoramic mode, the camera goes all the way up and I always get the legs in view... FFS... this needs to be sorted.. You should be able to do pano mode at any angle you want..

And now we are waiting for another upgrade hopefuly to fix drifting problems. But you all need to report this behaviour to customer support so they understand that this is on a wider scale.
While waiting for fix, I am still on 2.21 which is working fine. I belive if I upgrade to V3.0, there is no easy return to anything below V3.0 , right ?

I redid the compass calibration, then ACC again. Seems fine now, no drifting. I also did another Tx calibration as my left roll stick seemed to be off. I want the 2.23 FW back again..

One other issue I've noticed is when you go to the panoramic mode, the camera goes all the way up and I always get the legs in view... FFS... this needs to be sorted.. You should be able to do pano mode at any angle you want..

Are you certain you have the top left hand toggle switch on the ST16 in the center position?

I have noticed that in Pano mode, the camera goes up to level position, not all the way up. I do not see the LG unless it is down.

The upper left toggle switch on the front controls the camera looking to the horizon or at the arms.

I had the switch in the up position. Should it be centred for the panoramic mode to work properly? Just checking when your landing gear goes up there's a 10mm gap between landing gear and the underside of the arms? Hoping I don't have a landing gear defect :/

The same thing is happening to me. I can't calibrate anything. Gimbal, Accelerometer or the compass. It just ignores the command. Any ideas folks? I've rebooted twice already. Seem ready to fly...
Had the same problem. I re-loaded the update on the ST16 and everything works now.

Just to put some fuel on fire, it seems we have different "new" firmware revision.
I upgraded my TH, but had to redo via OTA to reach the real (?) last one.
Ric

Bye bye bird. Lost all control while hovering 5 feet and it drifted right into a tree even after trying all fail safes it kept going until it made contact. Luckily I was near it and didn't have to search. Camera mount broke and three props took to an early death. Could have been much worse. I have no reason not to suspect the firmware. I've had no issues before up to the last two updates. Thankfully Yuneec has top notch CS and they are going to take care of it.

Just did the last update and it wont let me calibrate the compass or accelerometer?

And now we are waiting for another upgrade hopefuly to fix drifting problems. But you all need to report this behaviour to customer support so they understand that this is on a wider scale.
While waiting for fix, I am still on 2.21 which is working fine. I belive if I upgrade to V3.0, there is no easy return to anything below V3.0 , right ?
You can use the GUI to install an older version of the firmware. Have a look at the video that shows how to recover a bricked Typhoon H.

How to unbrick your TH...new video from Yuneec just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder