Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Older drone support is BAD!!!!

Reaction score
I own several drones. I recently purchased a refurbished Q500 and love the quality of flight and build. My ONLY issue with Yuneec-lack of support and parts. Try finding an air frame (body kit) for an older Q500 Yuneec drone. You can't. Everyone is OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!! After a nasty crash I am now the proud owner of a pile of crap that I can't get parts for. I will be sticking with DJI for my future drone purchases.

I own several drones. I recently purchased a refurbished Q500 and love the quality of flight and build. My ONLY issue with Yuneec-lack of support and parts. Try finding an air frame (body kit) for an older Q500 Yuneec drone. You can't. Everyone is OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!! After a nasty crash I am now the proud owner of a pile of crap that I can't get parts for. I will be sticking with DJI for my future drone purchases.
What like this one? Might be worth searching a bit.

I have heard parts are being relocated. Not sure if that is true. However, several dealers have the body listed as a restocking item and ready for shipment mid or late May.

Yuneec UK have it in stock. I have bought from US before, postage and taxes are no big deal if you need the item!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Interesting. I have had no issues locating parts for my drone. In fact between different online shops and eBay, I have found a complete set of back ups bits. Also note, just call yuneec USA, if in need. They were friendly and answered my questions on parts. For the record, good luck dealing with DJI on parts. Be prepared for a new level of frustration if you felt challenged getting parts for a yuneec!!!!

Try Vertigo Drones, Carolina Dronez and eBay. I’ve seen the body shell of $60 many places.

Something just doesn’t seem right here. OP says “no parts available” yet gets almost immediate feedback parts can indeed be found.

What was the closing salvo again?

Something just doesn’t seem right here. OP says “no parts available” yet gets almost immediate feedback parts can indeed be found.

What was the closing salvo again?
Hmmm. Could be a dji fanboy having a pop at Yuneec...yet again. They still come up occasionally.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Must be a troll from another hole, can't find him on PP, MP IP, or SP DJI forums.

Should have bought two refurbs so there would be no downtime after a crash.

Reactions: John Hennessy
In any event, there are no industry standards relative to long term parts or tech support for any drone. The only standard is one not written but commonly practiced; release new models as frequently as possible to induce buyer fervor, discontinue support of older units when practicable, with battery manufacturers discontinuing production of after market batteries shortly after models show indications of declining sales.

From their perspectives that’s not a bad thing as there is little or no profit in supporting models no longer in production.

The only thing that surprises me is how obtuse consumers are in failing to recognize and accept that as the way it is. For some reason they want to believe toy manufacturers will function like auto manufacturers and maintain parts inventories for 10-20 years after model production ceased.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Very odd comment. From my experience Yuneec (Europe) is a very good company. They have most of the parts in stock and even try to find alternatives if the usual solutions do not work for some reason. Upon inquiry they even sell you for example a used ST16 if you do not want to pay for a brand new one.

Getting parts is usually a matter of five minutes. Either new or used you will get what you want.

I haven’t looked but if the rant was a first forum post the odds are rather high it came from a competitor. It’s a rather common tactic, and something to be alert for.

I haven’t looked but if the rant was a first forum post the odds are rather high it came from a competitor. It’s a rather common tactic, and something to be alert for.
3 posts. Joined 4th March 2019

Why is this thread still here?

It’s just anti-Yuneec fodder for the spiders to cache an entry for anyone searching for issues and problems with Yuneec. Don’t feed the Troll (lock it) and/or don’t feed the spiders (delete it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy