Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quality control problems at Yuneec??!

Reaction score
Now I'm going out on a limb here, but apparently at the USA repair station in Ontario, California. There seems to be a problem of quality control at our US repair station. This can probably be resolved by a better checklist or arbitrarily just checking off the boxes by some of our technicians. At present I have a RMA from Yuneec to return my typhoon H. I am really really scared to return my drone. What do you think should I return it or not?

You should ask lots of questions about your repair.
I recently had a crappy experience with their NY Syracuse repair vendor...
Huge lack of communication... Most calls to Yuneec in Ontario mostly
ended up talking to the same person - and he sounded stressed.

Good Luck

Now I'm going out on a limb here, but apparently at the USA repair station in Ontario, California. There seems to be a problem of quality control at our US repair station. This can probably be resolved by a better checklist or arbitrarily just checking off the boxes by some of our technicians. At present I have a RMA from Yuneec to return my typhoon H. I am really really scared to return my drone. What do you think should I return it or not?

What went wrong, D?

I know they seem eager to simply have us send our machines back to them for every single issue. A few times I pushed and made more phone calls and we ended up fixing things without having to send my Typhoon back to them, and being without it for a month or more. If it's a serious issue you may have no choice. I don't think they will hurt it while they are working on it though.

A lot of problems sourcing parts which really surprised me. I would check in with the vendors online chat service to check the status of my repair...
Almost every day I ended up chatting with a cartoon character named "Destiny" who has 0 information, lacked any kind of
personality. Saying stuff like, parts take 2 days to get here, same story for 2 weeks. I ended up cancelling and just buying... and it was on me to pay the $$$
for the repair. Seemed like no one gave a shat.

My friend Drone Clone has sent his typhoon H back twice and this last time they sent him a an upgrade. The upgrade that came to him he had more problems than the drone that he sent back. This makes me rather apprehensive since the only problem I had with my typhoon H was a burnt wire smell coming from the aircraft.

My friend Drone Clone has sent his typhoon H back twice and this last time they sent him a an upgrade. The upgrade that came to him he had more problems than the drone that he sent back. This makes me rather apprehensive since the only problem I had with my typhoon H was a burnt wire smell coming from the aircraft.
It's either hope Yuneec fixes it or take it apart and inspect yourself, but if you don't need it back soon may as well do it before the warranty ends and knock on wood twice a day while they have it.

I have already posted my regrets with a recent return to the repair center.
Very unprofessional, no internal communication. And limited communication with the customer.
Time to start sending some tweets.
By the way, my supposedly repaired H still sits in the box.

Not good Bob at least take it out and see if they did anything to it.

If you have a burnt smell, I would at least call them and make a record of the problem. If they suggest returning it, I would do so. If you wait and the problem causes a crash, you will wish you had.

At present I have a RMA from Yuneec to return my typhoon H. I am really really scared to return my drone. What do you think should I return it or not?

Fear not, Dragon. You asked to have it repaired, they gave you an RA, so forge ahead. Burnt wires can only indicate problems. Make them fix it.

Ray I know that you're trying to figure out or trying to help. But I think I'm going to wait until my friend gets this next drone and how it performs before I decide to send it back for repairs.

Based on my recent experience, yuneec don't really care about quality.or customer service.

Reactions: DerStig
Andy the customer service is outstanding at Yuneec. The problem is the quality of the repair and they're a little 27 point checklist that they apparently just check without checking.

Maybe I just got connected to the wrong person, job's worth pass the buck and not a **** given. Still could have been worse, the drone may have stopped and fallen on something or someone. Lucky no one hurt and no damage to property, I'm much more careful where I fly now. And it's stopped twice now, both times with plenty of charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis