Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

B4k. Went crazy and flew away. NO GPS + minimum height/speed

Reaction score
Today I was flying the breeze 4k in a little football field. I wanted to try the flight with the "indoor" mode and I calibrated it with the minimum height, speed and distances. I disabled the GPS so it could fly slowly. I used an iPhone 7 as the control.

I took it off the ground and it flew for some minutes slowly but a little unstable and suddenly it flew towards the sky at maximum speed! I tried to land it but it was not responding and I missed the wifi connection.

It was absolutely abnormal, it does not rise that quick! How could that happen?.

And then, it flew away in other direction! and I missed from sight and lost it :'(.

I flew the Drone in that field in Kaiserslautern, Germany a lot of times. I do not know why it went so crazy!. I had it for around 4 months and I flew it in 5 countries in Europe.

Without GPS, the drone will not know where it is No GEO fence, etc. Sorry about your loss.

Without GPS, the drone will not know where it is No GEO fence, etc. Sorry about your loss.
Before the calibration the GPS was locked. Then I re-calibrated it, the GPS was again locked. But I turned off after that I took away with pilot mode. Really sad and strange behaviour for flying at maximum speed.

Turning off the GPS will not make it fly slower. In fact, it will fly at max speed. You have to be really careful and know how to fly well before turning off the GPS.

Turning off the GPS will not make it fly slower. In fact, it will fly at max speed. You have to be really careful and know how to fly well before turning off the GPS.

Oh why? But even with max speed, it should respect the parameters that I set of height (3m) and distance (10m) right? And for some minutes it was flying really slow from left to right. How can it breaks the barrier?

Oh why? But even with max speed, it should respect the parameters that I set of height (3m) and distance (10m) right? And for some minutes it was flying really slow from left to right. How can it breaks the barrier?
That would be a good question to ask Yuneec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430