Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BAD batteries & camera quit paning

Reaction score
Been very disappointed with this product. Bought it about 8 months ago. Camera no longer pans up & down. Both batteries no longer charge. Wtf Yuneec? Paid about what I can buy a DJI Spark for now. This POS product doesn’t even compare to DJI products. Save your $$ and don’t purchase this crap product.

Reactions: mexsailor69
Well thank you for your singular and unbiased post... o_O

Absolutely, the pleasure is all mine. Again, don’t buy Yuneec POS!! Public service message endorsed by me.

Do you always fly the battery to below 10% and always charge it to full for storage? This drone charger does not provide a meter and is really not good for battery storage.

Is that in the Yuneec disclaimer? Never read that if it is. Again, consumers want a product they can rely on for many years at this price point. Never crashed it, camera function no longer works? What’s the point of the selfie drone then? Wanted to take this on our trip as it’s compact. But, now no camera function & looking at have to purchase 2 batteries on Amazon for $59 a piece?? Well, going to put this in the dumpster more than likely. Hey Yuneec, appreciate it pals.

...Camera no longer pans up & down. Both batteries no longer charge... DJI Spark...
If batteries weren't charged, how would you know camera could not pan without battery?
The problem with Yuneec Breeze battery was reported by several people; it's a known problem when the charger flashed LED colors for "abnormal charging" meaning the charger would not charge. Read the label on the charger.

"Bad battery" might be caused by leaving the battery unused for so long or the battery was used to almost 0% charge remaining.

Search for post with "battery problem", you'll find a way to re-condition both batteries with some AC/DC adapter.
Once the battery's charged, inserted into the Breeze, the camera has a high chance to pan again for there are three voltages sourced by the charged battery to power different electrical/electronic parts inside the Breeze.

The market price for Yuneec Breeze is now a bargain. I bought several more of the $199 Breeze packages that included the bluetooth controller to give as Xmas gifts, one for spare. In regard to DJI Spark, flyaways seemed common, $400/$500 loss? Ouch! As I've seen, DJI just got too many firmware updates for their drones, even the battery needs firmware! That's no good for me.

Last edited:
Is that in the Yuneec disclaimer? Never read that if it is. Again, consumers want a product they can rely on for many years at this price point. Never crashed it, camera function no longer works? What’s the point of the selfie drone then? Wanted to take this on our trip as it’s compact. But, now no camera function & looking at have to purchase 2 batteries on Amazon for $59 a piece?? Well, going to put this in the dumpster more than likely. Hey Yuneec, appreciate it pals.

Camera issue started well before battery problem. I’m just stating my issues with Yuneec and the Breeze only. BTW, I do not own or endorse any DJI products. I really wanted to like this product.

I think Amazon might have begun to rip people off when they monopolize online business. In some post, some people pointed out new Yuneec battery is $30 at reputable merchant.

Camera issue started well before battery problem. I’m just stating my issues with Yuneec and the Breeze only. BTW, I do not own or endorse any DJI products. I really wanted to like this product.
I've just read all the posts in your thread, and so far there is some solid help from forum members. I know it can be frustrating when these do not work the way we expect. I would suggest at this point with nothing to lose, give it a try and see if you can recondition the batterys, then give us an update to let us know how it has gone.

I've just read all the posts in your thread, and so far there is some solid help from forum members. I know it can be frustrating when these do not work the way we expect. I would suggest at this point with nothing to lose, give it a try and see if you can recondition the batterys, then give us an update to let us know how it has gone.

The best option for the OP may be to buy a new battery at $30 or aftermarket battery at $20-$25. The aftermarket worked fine except they slide in tightly into the charger or into the Breeze battery compartment.

Not many people have some background to re-condition the batteries by the way it's posted in the forum. To do it, they will need some alligator clips clipped to the AC/DC adapter's plug to the correct prongs on the battery. Maybe someone should start a business for fun to help. It's just very easy if you are familiar with some electrical stuff. People send in "bad battery", it's re-conditioned then gets shipped back for $5. LOL. Users pay postage. $5 is chump change, every minute of stock market fluctuation, $1000s change.

Reactions: chimpax
Been very disappointed with this product. Bought it about 8 months ago. Camera no longer pans up & down. Both batteries no longer charge. Wtf Yuneec? Paid about what I can buy a DJI Spark for now. This POS product doesn’t even compare to DJI products. Save your $$ and don’t purchase this crap product.

No battery suggestions.
As far as the camera is concerned, are all four corners secure in their rubber bushings?
I've installed the other two plastic retainers after a semi-hard landing & one of the bushings pulled loose...
Take a look, you've got nothing to lose.

Did you by chance have a crash or a really hard landing? I had a similar issue with pan and tilt not working, after a crash/ fly away situation. it is usually the pins on the connection board, but in my case I had to change out the FC boardtotallyto get it to work. $65 bucks on ebay for a new distribution board and FC..
If you are going to chuck it in the trash, let me know, i will take it off your hands :) I will pay for shipping!

A few connects. How many batteries do you have that don’t work any longer? If more than one I’d say you are doing something wrong (somehow). It sounds like you need (want to buy) 2 new batteries. Do you have 2 that have gone bad? Walmart has the OEM batteries for $30. I just bought some yesterday. Only ‘in store, not on-line).

I have noticed taking off and landing in dirt areas that dust might get lodged in the camera area preventing it from moving. Yes, a long shot but possible. I’d try to blow out the camera with compressed air. It is possible you have a bad camera motor as not all will work 100% if the time. Drone failures are bound to happen.

The Spark will cost some $600 getting the ‘fly more’ package, which is what you want (need). You made the right decision getting the breeze unless money is not a concern or you are a very advanced drone operator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval