Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Corrupt Video

Reaction score
Hi everybody

So I got a little problem: I flew this Saturday, it was really cold (-13°C; yes i flew with heated LiPos). Everything worked fine, took a bunch of photos and a video (4K25, about 4Mins long).
The Photos are fine and look great. But: As soon as I landed, I shut down the H, immediateley after noticing: "Darn, I had a video recording still running".

So later, back at home, I copied all the files from the Card to my computer, only to find the MP4 file corrupt.
I thought "Ah, I already had this sometimes, pop it up in VLC, it should play". It didn't.

Well to keep it short, here's what I tried:
* Open in VLC => failed
* Convert with VLC => failed
* Fix with "Video Repair" from Grau => failed
* Pop it back in the H and start a new recording, to "finish" the old video => didn't do nothing
* Fix with "Digital Video Repair" => failed

So, all I got now is a defective Video, that's telling me it's got a duration of 4 seconds. When you play it, it's all black. Filesize is 1.71 GB.

Does anybody know, what I can do?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Usually, putting the card back into the camera and starting & stopping recording usually fixes a file after the aircraft had been switched off without stopping the recording. However, I suspect that this procedure is more likely to work if nothing else has been done with the file like copying to another device.

With a file size of 1.71 GB it seems to me that all of the data is there. Maybe someone else can suggest a fix, since beyond using the above method I have no answers.

Reactions: biltno
Flush is correct, just put the card back into the camera, turn on the ST, turn on the H, once you get camera view on ST turn on the record button for a few seconds then turn camera off. You should have video now.

What SD card r u using? Also VLC does not like large files. Download GOM player it's free and better to use

Did exactly that. Did absolutely nothing. :/

You may have to reformat the card. I did this twice. When you shut the power of on the h when video is recording it will either corrupt the file or not record the video. I have never been able to recover the corrupted files. It sucked because it was a great video both times. I even did it on my spark and same thing. The video was gone. So in the future try to remember to stop recording before shutting down.

For what it’s worth, the ST recorded the flight in 720. It may not be perfect but it’s there. Look in your gallery.

Best thing you can do is to remember to stop the video before shutting down the H. Corrupt videos are generally due to operator error, not a system failure.

I've accidentally shut off before stopped recording. I restarted and did what I said above, never lost or had corrupt files. :confused::)

If you’ve got a binary editor I wonder if the video file is simply missing an end of file marker if things are not shut down as expected.

Thanks for all your answers! Appreciate it!

For what it’s worth, the ST recorded the flight in 720. It may not be perfect but it’s there. Look in your gallery.
Yeah, I know. Sadly this video is pretty blocky and stuttering, as I flew pretty far away. But thanks.

What SD card r u using? Also VLC does not like large files. Download GOM player it's free and better to use
I use a normal 16GB microSD, UHS3. GOM couldn't play it either.

You may have to reformat the card. I did this twice. When you shut the power of on the h when video is recording it will either corrupt the file or not record the video. I have never been able to recover the corrupted files. It sucked because it was a great video both times. I even did it on my spark and same thing. The video was gone. So in the future try to remember to stop recording before shutting down.
So reformat the card, copy the video back on, pop it in the CGO3+ and start a new recording?

I've accidentally shut off before stopped recording. I restarted and did what I said above, never lost or had corrupt files. :confused::)
Lucky you :D

If you’ve got a binary editor I wonder if the video file is simply missing an end of file marker if things are not shut down as expected.
What would I have to look for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis