Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

Your phone should be fine to connect with the Breeze. When the LED in the arm is flashing green it is broadcasting its SSID which should be BreezeXXXXXX (the x’s are a numerical string) if you haven’t changed it earlier. If the phone can’t see the Breeze try a computer, tablet, or other phone just to see if the Breeze’s SSID shows up and allows you to connect. The password is 1234567890.

As it can make a difference, what country are you in?

Reactions: sj_kim
Your phone should be fine to connect with the Breeze. When the LED in the arm is flashing green it is broadcasting its SSID which should be BreezeXXXXXX (the x’s are a numerical string) if you haven’t changed it earlier. If the phone can’t see the Breeze try a computer, tablet, or other phone just to see if the Breeze’s SSID shows up and allows you to connect. The password is 1234567890.

As it can make a difference, what country are you in?

Thanks reply~!
Sometimes Breeze is connected.
so i entered breeze app. and into tasks->pilot mode.(also l already Calibration)
i can see camera viewer and control..but not take off.
i live in S.Korea.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Are any of the status indicators at the upper right red?

This really appears to be a defective unit. I would try to return it to the business where you purchased it for an exchange or refund.

Reactions: ZappCatt and sj_kim
Thanks reply~!
Sometimes Breeze is connected.
so i entered breeze app. and into tasks->pilot mode.(also l already Calibration)....
One of my new Breezes was with the same problem, sometimes connected sometimes not with red light. I changed the battery, when it connected indoor, I updated the firmware then it connected each time I wanted to fly.

Just and an FYI - I bought 2 Breeze's and each had something wrong with it - the first, the controller did not turn on (yes, after being charged), the second the battery charger kept blinking, Red, Green, Blue. I had to exchange the complete Breeze to get a new controller - which worked, and I was able to exchange just the battery charger, for my first battery charger (the one I exchanged). Now I have a good 'kit' - all works as it should. I did write Yuneec customer support about the QA process as it seems there are more problems popping up these days.

Just and an FYI - I bought 2 Breeze's and each had something wrong with it - the first, the controller did not turn on (yes, after being charged), the second the battery charger kept blinking, Red, Green, Blue. I had to exchange the complete Breeze to get a new controller - which worked, and I was able to exchange just the battery charger, for my first battery charger (the one I exchanged). Now I have a good 'kit' - all works as it should. I did write Yuneec customer support about the QA process as it seems there are more problems popping up these days.

Let us know if you get more than a “canned answer”. I am not impressed with their Customer Support.

This is what I wrote:

Hello, I pass this along to help. I like your products. After a month of research I decided to buy a Breeze. I brought it home and started charging batteries. After two hours I flew the breeze fine using my cell phone. Then I decided to use the controller. It would not turn on! (After 2 hours charge). Called the store, I had to pack all back up and return all and buy another. Sort of a pain. Second unit home, controller worked fine BUT the battery charger did not work! I purchased 3 batteries and the first charger worked fine. I knew the batteries were good. 8pm, headed back to the store (again) hoping I could exchange just the charger for the first one - that I knew worked. I was lucky, they let me do this. Point here, I purchased 2 Breeze, both new, and something wrong with each one! I read on forums people questioning the quality of Yuneec now. Please, look into this.

I did get a response. I’ll try to find it and post.

Hi,

I'm stuck with red blinking light and wifi not turned on. I can connect using usb cable and I see the drive of the drone.

does anyone have working firmware for breeze 4k (for usb flashing)

Thanks for any help

best regards,

Blaz

Welcome to the forum!

What you describe in your post sounds normal for when the Breeze is connected to your computer via USB. With that said, let’s see if we can troubleshoot the problem you are having with the Breeze.

Disconnect the Breeze from the computer and remove the USB cable from the Breeze.

1. When you power up the Breeze does the Power LED flash red-green-blue or just red?

2. After a short time the LED in the arm near the camera should start flashing green. At this point the Breeze is broadcasting its SSID and you should be able to find it in the WiFi list on your phone/pad/tablet that you have the BreezeCam app loaded on.

3. Select the Breeze in the list and if asked enter the password 1234567890.

4. Open the BreezeCam app, press the burger on the upper left, then select ‘About’.

5. Collect the data for the following and reply to this post:
A. Client version
B. Flying Control version
C. ESC version
D. Camera version

Hi,

When I powered the Breeze for the first time. Connected meka a flight of 5 seconds, landed. Then the app requested to update firmware. Since then no connect.
Tried the airborne firmware.bin from google drive. Copied it to breeze, update (purple led only flashed for cca 20 seconds). After a couple of ON/OFF cycles got to green lights, connected make a flight for 1 minute or so. again the app requests update. While downloading the firmware drone turns off, after download complete, powered the drone on but only red light again.

any ideas ?

best regards,

blaz

Try placing the phone in Airplane mode, then turn on WiFi and connect to the Breeze. This should stop BreezeCam from connecting to the internet and trying to update.

If that doesn’t help, try using the Conversation tool on the forum to message airborne and see if he can help. Click on the icon that looks like head-and-shoulders, then click on the Envelope.

Try reloading the firmware.bin from airborne again. Then attempt connecting with the phone in airplane mode and just WiFi turned on.

Hi krneki99,
Still no joy? Ok then step by step.
  1. Have the Breeze's battery fully charged.
  2. Download "firmware.bin"
  3. Connect the Breeze to your computer with an USB cable
  4. Insert battery and switch on your Breeze.
  5. After a short while and a beep (da daah) Windows will ask you what to do with the new device. Opt for "open file in explorer"
  6. You can safely delete every file and folder you might find in the Breeze's drive.
  7. Copy firmware bin to the root of Breeze's drive
  8. Switch off the Breeze and disconnect the USB cable.
  9. Have a coffe and let the Breeze cool down (no kidding) for five minutes minimum.
  10. Restart the Breeze two times without having your mobile on. Switch off your Breeze and allow for cooling.
  11. Delete the WiFi entry "Breezexxxxx" on your mobile
  12. Set your mobile to airplane mode
  13. Fire up your Breeze.
  14. When the green LED in the front leg on the left side comes up start the Breeze App and connect to it. You will have to enter "1234567890" as WiFi PSK.
Let me know at which point something goes wrong.
Good luck

Reactions: DoomMeister
hi there!, I bought a breeze at Walmart last week when I was In America, I tested it and it worked just fine back there, yesterday I wanted to fly it here, I turned it on, the light on the back was flashing blue, and the one on the front green, but I don' t pick up any signal, on the same phone I used in the US. I already resetted it with the little button on the side, but it doesn't work.

can someone tell me what is going on and what I can do about it???

What country are you located in? It makes a difference in the WiFi operation of your phone. The phone will change communication parameters depending on the information it receives from the cellular network, to stay compliant with the laws in that area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval