Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good News -> MAJOR Update for Typhoon H expected on January 1st

Reaction score
On Thursday, I attended the 2017 PhotoPlus expo, where Yuneec was an exhibitor. I asked the representative at the booth about upcoming software updates for the H, specifically ones bringing some of the H520 features to the H. He told me that they are not promising anything yet, but to expect something big on the first day of next year.

I can only imagine what this means for us! Who else is excited for some great new features!

On Thursday, I attended the 2017 PhotoPlus expo, where Yuneec was an exhibitor. I asked the representative at the booth about upcoming software updates for the H, specifically ones bringing some of the H520 features to the H. He told me that they are not promising anything yet, but to expect something big on the first day of next year.

I can only imagine what this means for us! Who else is excited for some great new features!
He just said that to get you out of his hair!:rolleyes:

I'm pretty happy with the current firmware and my Typhoon H; however, I wish DJI would release some firmware that will allow my Phantom 4 to fly again:(

I'm pretty happy with the current firmware and my Typhoon H; however, I wish DJI would release some firmware that will allow my Phantom 4 to fly again:(

Did you do what I think you did?;)

BTW, Like you I think the current firmware works fine.

BTW, Like you I think the current firmware works fine.

Definitely. I have had no issues at all with the current firmware (or any of the past ones). I'm pretty happy with the features we have, however, an update allowing us to use the new cameras (like the E90) with the Typhoon H would be fantastic. Not sure if I am out on my own here or not, but I certainly can't afford to fork out more cash for a new machine when I am perfectly happy with the H.

Reactions: PatR and AH-1G
I’m with you all the way with camera adaptability. By all rights the E-50 should have been an easy swap as it has the same sensor and resolution as the CGO-3. Perhaps it’s too heavy for the H and would negatively impact flight time?

Adding waypoint capability is another I’d like to see. The -16 can already do it, and import maps for the 920 but the code needs to be written into the H firmware. The ST-16 that flies an H is the same one now used for the 920+. The 920 can use both CGO-3 and CGO-4 cameras if you have an adapter mount so camera swap capability is also present in the existing ST-16.

Reactions: THoff
Definitely. I have had no issues at all with the current firmware (or any of the past ones). I'm pretty happy with the features we have, however, an update allowing us to use the new cameras (like the E90) with the Typhoon H would be fantastic. Not sure if I am out on my own here or not, but I certainly can't afford to fork out more cash for a new machine when I am perfectly happy with the H.
You are not the only one, many people are waiting for the E90 on the H480, if possible without exceeding 2 kg in total. Ditto for the E50.
In this context, I will buy even a second H480.
The latest firmware works very well, but:
If we can change the low battery warning that takes all the screen and makes you miss a video plan in progress, as we can not fit anymore

Last edited:
What would be on people's wish list - a top 10 perhaps

2 that have been mentioned before, but not in this thread...

1) Assign AUX to be ON/OFF for GPS, to be able to quickly react to GPS/compass/drifting issues

2) Give the ST-16 the ability to retain multiple camera binding settings, so you can swap out between two cameras
as easily as you swap out lenses on any standard SLR...

Last edited:
Reactions: pctyphoon and THoff
2 that have been mentioned before, but not in this thread...

1) Assign AUX to be ON/OFF for GPS, to be able to quickly react to GPS/compass/drifting issues

2) Give the ST-16 the ability to retain camera binding settings, so you can swap out between two cameras
as easily as you swap out lenses on any standard SLR...

+1 AND
3) leave mic on after turning on-
4) settle the GPS/compass issues once and for all
5) allow more customization of parameters

If we can change the low battery warning that takes all the screen and makes you miss a video plan in progress,

I've got to say that I have been flying my H for well over 12 months now and have only ever had the battery warning come on once, and that was on my approach to land, within the first month of owning it. Maybe, rather than worrying about the low battery warning posing an issue when planning a video, it may be a better idea to plan your flight times so that you don't get the warnings?
Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm certainly not trying to be a smart arse. Just offering a suggestion so that you can get your filming done without dealing with the warnings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval