Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Sadly I am not quiet sure which battery it was exactly but it had about 5000mAh. Two of those were fitting perfectly without any space left. I think it was the 5300mAh version but I cannot proof it since I am unable to find the website which gave me the tipp back then.

Darn. As I prefer Gens-Tattu to any other Chinese brand, when testing alternate batteries I spent a lot of time researching their catalog for batteries with dimensions that would allow fitting two with reasonable capacities. Some of us even contacted them directly to inquire about making batteries for the 920 for U.S. users. Both efforts failed.

We might note Tattu had been producing 920 batteries for the Euro/U.K. that were not distributed to the U.S., nor would they ever be, but they even discontinued those due to low sales volume.

Last edited:
Replacement battery for H 920
I was on the phone today checking on some different options for my h 920.
I was told that the h 920 was the smallest platform that a fuel cell could be used on.
I was given a price that included the tank for hydrogen,and all components to bring my yuneec up date with hydrogen world.
the sales pitch included such things as 4 times the flight time as compared to a battery, ease of locating hydrogen and finally you could swap out the tank in under 3 minutes.
everything sounded very good but the problem is do I want to spend 9000.00 on a system that I might not be able to purchase replacement parts for.?
It is indeed unfortunate that Yuneec let its customers down on this model some times it is better to look for equipment that will be better suited for our needs and just let the h 920 quietly die.

There are quite a few batteries available that can be fit as a pair in a 920 or 920+. The problem for some is obtaining the maximum capacity, or in trying to match the capacity obtained with 3 Yuneec factory batteries.

We should recognize 3 factory batteries with a total capacity of 12,000mA is only available from Yuneec. A problem arises as the factory batteries are old even when brand new and do not perform as they should. It has been repeatedly found the a pair of decent 5000mA 25C batteries meets or exceeds the flight time performance of 3 factory batteries. Even a single 8000mA battery in one chemistry can match a set of 3 factory batteries.

So a solution is simply obtaining a pair of 6S batteries of suitable capacity, say 4000 to 5400mA, that can easily fit inside the 920 battery compartment. Don’t stress achieving extremely long flight times. More concern should be given to obtaining consistent and safe flight times regardless of what that time might be. The capacity of the batteries selected will determine how much time you can obtain. A few flights with the batteries of choice will tell you what that average time will be.

If you can fit two in the battery box at a time, most definitely yes. I would not be surprised to find out they are made by the same people that make Zippy. Like the Zippy’s, you will need to do something about the battery plugs.

Battery box dimensions are shown a long ways back in this thread. Likely in the first 15 pages or so.

Edit; see post #24

Has anyone tested the Turnigy nano-tech 4000mah 6S 25~50C Lipo Pack w/XT-60 if not I'm willing to do so?

A pair of those would cut flight time. I’ve spent over $500.00 on battery testing. Your turn[emoji6]

The capacity is only 4000ma. A pair = 8,000mA.

Stock Yuneec batteries are 4,000mA but the system will accept 3 instead of 2 for a total of 12,000mA. If they were in good shape you could get 25 minutes form 12,000mA but as old as they are you’re lucky to see 21 minutes, and only then if your willing to deal with an extremely persistent voltage warning systems that triggers fairly quickly.

You can use only 2 Yuneec 4000mA batteries (8,000mA total) but flight time will drop to about 17 minutes with the same voltage warning irritant.

Instead of using 4,000mA batteries a little exploratory work should turn up a few 5000mA candidates, perhaps even higher capacity. Two good 5,000mA batteries (10,000 mA total) will consistently give you 21-25 minute flight times along with a much delayed (in measured time) voltage warning with a longer usable time period between the first low volt warning and the second, or whatever voltage you use for a “floor”.

Once you get to flying a 920 long enough to experience the voltage warnings, and deal with differences between stock and after market batteries, the voltage warning thing will make more sense than it does now.

Sure, you can use 4,000mA batteries if you want or if you can’t find 5,000’s. But if you can find 5,000’s the $ diff between the 4,000 and 5,000mA batteries is trivial for the flight time difference. You’ve stepped up to a rig that originally listed for $7,500.00+. Don’t skimp on the batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snechovski
Alright guys, I'm willing to test out some batteries. If you guys can make some suggestions on some different types that might fit and work I'll buy a few different kinds and test if you guys are up for looking for some? Let me know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval