Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for SD Cards & formatting:
SD Card Formatter - SD Association -- this is the SD association’s tool that meets the true SD standard.

As for firmware, I did the upgrade, haven't flown yet. BUT redid IMU/Compass/Camera calibrations and noticed in the Windows GUI that pitch was 0.1 (roll & yaw were 0/0 solid), accel Z was -10xx (shouldn't it be around -9800?) and the GPS speed was static at 2m/s with 16 sats. Redid IMU cal, made sure it was level and pretty much same result. Moving it around, the #'s trended correctly, so I figured all I stated above are nominal values (A graph tool in the GUI would be helpful....). I did have to do camera cal twice as 1st time it centered 2deg off (noticeable).

As for GPS lock, I kept getting purple blinks (lost of lock) immediately after the upgrade on the bench, but once I calibrated all 3 components and connected to the GUI to verify the IMU data the purple blinks went away.

Lastly, I noticed at takeoff stage, the ST16 that G-SPD hovered around 0.1 kph, BUT showed 9.x kph for a fraction of a second (10ms?)... periodically. That's the disturbing part of this upgrade to me--anyone else seeing this? Just let the TH sit on the take off pad and look at the G-SPD.... Going to monitor this as I try out the new firmware

Lastly, I noticed at takeoff stage, the ST16 that G-SPD hovered around 0.1 kph, BUT showed 9.x kph for a fraction of a second (10ms?)... periodically. That's the disturbing part of this upgrade to me--anyone else seeing this? Just let the TH sit on the take off pad and look at the G-SPD.... Going to monitor this as I try out the new firmware

I did pretty much what you did with that calibrations on mine and It also would show ground speed variations of 0.2 and altitude changes between -1.8 meters and +2.7 meters when on a perfect surface with 16+ sat locked.

When I picked min up while powered but no motors spinning it would generate the compass error. Eventually the started the gps errors and OA errors.

I wonder if these changes in data while not moving at all are early signs of hardware issues that we can use ?

Flew a couple more batteries and noticed a couple more things;

Saw an orange flash on the status light when deploying the LG. I cycled them a couple times and didn't see the flash again. But thats what happened prior to the FW upgrade. It would occasionally flash then it be became something that happened everytime. In either case there was NO negative impact.

I noticed today with the LG deployed the camera will not level itself. It tilts in to the left (when looking from its perspective). I flew around with the gear down and tried to move it around to see if the camera would level itself (with the gear down). It wouldn't level. I put the gear up and "shook" it around and it leveled itself. Landed it, redid the Accelerometer calibration, and gimbal calibration. Took off gear up and checked that the camera was shooting level. Deployed the LG and as I was bringing it back, camera was tilted again. So it seems with LG down the camera won't re-center to level...

Minor stuff but wanted to document it....

I have a problem with TYPHOON H. I bought it 1 week ago in Berlin. The fault is already repeated 3 times. It repeats every 2nd start. First start goes well the unit is stable. Further, after a normal landing, I raise up TYPHOON a second time, after some time, the TYPHOON loses control, it moves erratically, describes a small circle. In order not to break it on the tree, I urgently raise it up and even, but TYPHOON is unstable and I'm having a hard time doing very slow landing. After landing, it does not perform management commands. I hold it and not give an opportunity to climb. The rotors rotation powerfully, after some time, the TYPHOON begins executes commands and ST16 rotors stop. Restarting does not help, replace the battery doesn't help. Whom to ask. What should I do? COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. Оften loses connection with the GPS.

After install, reinstall, and numerous calibration, I have continued to drift and video lag. Has anyone else had this issue?

There is no way to go back in firmware, something to do with the way android systems read the file. I have tried to advance a older ST10+ file by one number of the last update and it failed to install.

On a side note one of the other forums I belong to a newer member just got his Typhoon H Pro, started it up and it just took off never to be seen again. I'm trying to get him to upload his telemetry files but I don't think he understands the process. Man I would be sick to my stomach for days if I watched my hard earned money just fly off into the sunset.

I got a new one today. This was my first flight after the firmware update, and after reading through other people's issues, I recalibrated before flying. I took off and landed three times with no issues. On the fourth flight, everything seemed fine, I put the H into RTH mode, and it came back, and began its descent. When it was one foot from the ground, it flipped completely upside down, and spun itself into the sand (I was at the beach) propellers still going. I hit the off switch quickly, and was never able to turn it on again. The on/off button no longer responds. I took it home, cleaned it up, got all the sand out, tested the motors via the GUI, and they all passed the turn test. Not only do I now have no on/off button, but the connection to the camera has been lost, and the H is not found by the ST16. Trying to rebind was an epic fail. Trying to reinstall the firmware? Nope. Calling support tomorrow.....

Sorry to hear about the flip over. The problem with getting sand into the motors you will never get it all out. Sand has minerals in it. Motors have magnets. Both love each other and stick together for ever and ever. Your motors are toast as they will wear out faster with the sand in them.

Hopefully, I'll get new motors after the flip disaster. I did nothing to make it happen, and could only watch helplessly as it bit the dust - or uhhh, the sand. I saw one other person post a video on Youtube where the same thing happened. His toilet bowled first though, which mine didn't. Anyone else have an H flipping out after the firmware update?

I can not stress enough, if you have any of the following:
1) Yellow tail light flashing with or with out compass warning on the St-16.
2) Flyaway right after take off.
3) Erratic flying may or not be controllable.
4) Gimbal is no longer level.

CALL Yuneec. They take way to long to respond to email.
Do not take no for an answer. Be nice, but you may have to make several calls to get them to authorize an RMA at their expense.
If you do not call, they will recognise the above as an isolated incident and not address it.
My H is going back tomorrow. But at least I know it will be corrected or replaced.
Pardon me while I pout for the next 2 weeks.

so after the firmware update i am experiencing drifting.....its like flying in atti mode....i called yuneec and they had me go into the secret menu to recalibrate controller....then told me to test it out....still drifts ....i am getting a purple flashing light....rep told me if that doesn't work i need to send in my controller.....i am going to test out the wizard to see if the same problem exists....i just got a new camera from yuneec after months ...i was so happy everything was great until i updated the firmware....will keep you posted.....

9:11SunsetBEST.jpg
Downloaded the updates from the UK site, then I followed raymaras instructions above (thanks!) and noticed I didnt have to enter the bind password 1234 etc. I did all the calibrations.
On the first flight the H was drifting from the take off point by up to 2m. It seemed unsteady and didn't feel safe. The camera feed cut out on legs up. It was slow to descend and after landing and pressing the motor off button the motors spun up again 3 times before switching off. The altimeter was showing -3m.
I re-ran the updates and its flying better now, holding position, but ascending and descending by about 1m. It used to be much steadier, like a tripod. The camera feed cut out twice on legs up when the H was about 3m away. Landing was normal.
Had a look at the H using the GUI and all was OK.
Hi Graham,
I'm still learning all the nuances of this new firmware and the more I fly it, the steadier it gets. Go figure. Perhaps the GPS positioning in memory has something to do with it. Today, I flew to try the follow/watch me function and it worked fine. I also did an "emergency" power up and go because I was watching TV at 7:30PM and my wife exclaimed: "It's so red outside!" I grabbed a charged battery, inserted it into the H, went outside and fired everything up. I went up to 400 feet and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets. Took pics and vids until the battery ran out! It was rock steady and all was running perfectly. I noticed that on the Tilt Mode (S1) switch (3-position on left most front of the ST16) when I flip it to full down (A), the CGO3+ points up a bit and shows more sky. The horizon is lower in the frame. Also, when moving the control lever wheel up or down, the cam responds very slowly. I'll re-read the manual and see what that's about.9:11SunsetBEST.jpg

As a potential buyer this debacle may be the last straw. The lack of a Yuneec response about many of the issues posted here has made buying their product a risk I don't feel like taking. I've been researching for three months and thought the H was going to be the one. But they have to address the issues.

I doubt many companies will respond to forum posts for good reasons. Many folks here who have contacted Yuneec directly have had their problems taken care of, even though it often takes longer than it should.

I have no problems with the two I have, but if I were looking for a risk-free product I think I would either wait or go elsewhere.

I got another problem that's not in the list. Before the update my connection withe the camera whas about 42 seconds. After the update it's back at about 1,50 min. Men iám really tyred of waiting for connect to the camera. Sometimes it takes 2 f... minuts.

As a potential buyer this debacle may be the last straw. The lack of a Yuneec response about many of the issues posted here has made buying their product a risk I don't feel like taking. I've been researching for three months and thought the H was going to be the one. But they have to address the issues.
As bad as you may think CS response from Yuneec may be, if you go with DJI you will then find out the meaning of nightmare CS with their less-than-stellar behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss