Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think thats a Million Dollar question for most of us. There is so little trust in these upgrades. As a software developer I can tell you when a baseline/software is released like it was at the beginning of Sept., then two weeks later there is another upgrade, its definitely to fix bugs/problems. Of course they aren't going to state thats what the latest upgrade is doing as it would imply problems and liability...

My 2nd H worked well when I got it. Each upgrade has seemed to fix certain quirks and introduced others. With the 1 Sept. upgrade, my H's camera now won't return to level with the LG down. It drifts a little in both the X and Y axises. And yes, I've done multiple calibrations of everything in different locations, and with all the other mumbo-jumbo stuff like not having a cellphone on me, being away from all metal objects, no wifi interference, standing on one leg in the middle of a corn-field during a full lunar eclipse..)

I'm so tired of worrying what my H will and won't do now. I'm going to upgrade to the latest and see what it does. Fingers crossed it doesn't make anything any worse or introduce more quirks.

I hate to give up on the H, but I'll ground it until their firmware is more stable if this one turns out to be "not so good"...

I have 2 H's, one that still has problems and have had since day one. I have the latest firmware on the problem one and the latest firmware fixed nothing. Same problems.
My second one had the older July update and flies fine. I had a fly away in early August and Yuneec fixed it (supposedly) by replacing the controller board. I did not do the last 2 firmware upgrades because I didn't want it to turn out like my other one.
My question is, is it safe to upgrade my second one yet or not?

Reactions: Abby Harts
I too have the old firmware Wes. I asked the same question to Yuneec usa : they answered:
If you are not having any difficulty with your drone there is no need to update, the decision is entirely at your discretion.

I too have the old firmware Wes. I asked the same question to Yuneec usa : they answered:
If you are not having any difficulty with your drone there is no need to update, the decision is entirely at your discretion.
I guess that answers my question. I wasn't sure if skipping over the "faulty" firmware upgrade to the next would be ok because I like the new features if that firmware, but it's not worth the risk.
I'll just wait another week for the next firmware update, as I'm sure will be the case

My 2, a Pro and a standard, were flying fine before the updates, and so far :)eek:) they are flying fine after the updates. Perhaps the updates only added the new features, but do nothing for problems. ???

John if yo need it yes I can send it to you; I have a copy of it still and confirmed its good as it uploaded to my TH... send me a private message with how to get it to you....
I'm sure they'll never admit there was an issue with the previous upgrade. To do so would be admitting there was an issue that may have caused crashes and therefore Yuneec could be found "at fault" and made to replace those crashed THs completely at their expense...

Usually I'm the guy that believes in taking firmware upgrades as soon as they become available, but seeing as I only had/have very minor issues with the last upgrade, I'm a bit leery to take the new one. Think I'll wait a week...

Well mine crashed because of it, they replaced it, but with a repaired unit, found loose screws and flight history in the 16. The new one had a bad GPS and compass. That one was sent back and they returned it saying it was fixed, however, it was not and the flight history showed that they did not test it for the problem being fixed before returning it to me. Complained higher up and they sent a NEW 16 and H, then the site went down so I could not update the firmware. The NEW one will not bind and has GPS errors on the 16 without even having the H turned on. They say I have to wait for the site to be fixed. Getting frustrated.

Just updated mine. I notice the camera engages right away now. No issues flying but I did notice when I landed and had the left stick pulled back the props slowed, but as I let go of the stick to the center position the h powered up and lifted off. I pulled back on the stick again and landed and this time held back on the stick for a few seconds before letting go. It stayed put and I powered off. I waited a while and flew again, landed and held the stick back a few seconds and had no issues. It powered down and I turned it off.

While I haven't had any issues reported here, this is why I build my own copters and use Arducopter, to be honest.

Virtually the only reason I have a RTF is for the camera/gimbal and ease of using it. If there was a good (already have the Tiny2, been there done that) 360 gimbal for a good camera the H wouldn't have appeared on the radar. However, it's worked well for me and does what I got it for.

Reactions: RiverRunner
" No firmware in SDcard, update failed!" ...anybody got the same issue? downloaded latest firmware with chrome in bin. format. still this message pops up... after 1-3 seconds decompressing...View attachment 3115

I got that once on an update when I used a 128 gb card. I put the update on the card it came with and it decompressed and installed no problems.

I got that once on an update when I used a 128 gb card. I put the update on the card it came with and it decompressed and installed no problems.
Just updated mine. I notice the camera engages right away now. No issues flying but I did notice when I landed and had the left stick pulled back the props slowed, but as I let go of the stick to the center position the h powered up and lifted off. I pulled back on the stick again and landed and this time held back on the stick for a few seconds before letting go. It stayed put and I powered off. I waited a while and flew again, landed and held the stick back a few seconds and had no issues. It powered down and I turned it off.
Just got back from flying three batteries this morning. I had no problems at all using the new firmware. The H. flew fine and all functions work. I guess I must be in the minority here because I have yet to have an issue with a firmware update. The only hardware issue I had was my original H needed a new compass and a new GPS and it was replaced out in California back a few weeks after I bought it in June. I've also had two instances where when trying to land holding the left throttle stick all the way down the H barely moved and it seems like a extremely random occurrence. After I installed the new firmware two days ago I did the normal calibrations. With the previous firmware I had one instance of a Compass issue after flying four batteries. Today I had zero Compass issues. I'm using the standard version of the software for the US. My fingers remain crossed!

Alrighty then, so I went for it and upgraded to the latest firmware with my fingers crossed. Well everything is okay and as a matter fact it seems like some of the minor issues I had with the 1 Sept. release have been fixed.

Now I only tested with 2 battery packs, but thats all it took last time to know that their were some minor issues...

Post latest upgrade;
My camera no longer stays titled when the LG is down.
Its not drifting. There was some wind, but not more than 5 mph and not gusting, and it did NOT drift.
No Orange Flash

While I did not test all the functions/modes I tested the ones I use most and there were zero issues.

Now it wasn't all "perfect" from the get-go. During my first manual landing, once it touched down, the motors idled down, then idled back up and it lifted off at slow rate. I was able to very easily set it down and cut the motors. I checked my ST16 screen and noticed it said my Altitude was -13.2 ft. I powered off the TH and powered it on (This is the same location give or take a few feet from where it first started). Once everything was GTG, I checked the altitude; -.03. Took off flew around came back for a landing. This time no issues with it trying to take off again. I did this several more times and it never tried to take off again.

One thing I noticed about landing; At about 20' up even with full stick down, it slows on its own. But here's the funny part, it seems to be much more touchy now. Meaning I REALLY had to be gentle on the sticks and VERY slow with my movements to make sure it didn't bounce. This was not the case before. Its no biggie, I just need to recalibrate myself. On RTH landings, I still feel its too abrupt and bounces a few times...

Now mind you, this "second H" I have has been very good, no issues (knock on wood) and each upgrade, even the disappearing one, never introduced any significant problems. So I'm thinking if you have a "good" Typhoon H to begin with, these upgrades don't seem to really screw things up.

For firmware update you need to use a 16gb card nothing larger. Also delete other files/directories and only place the updates on the disk.

For firmware update you need to use a 16gb card nothing larger. Also delete other files/directories and only place the updates on the disk.

Since then I managed to misplace that little bugger 16gb card... so this last, most recent update, I went back to using the 128gb to update it and --voila-- this time it worked no problem.

I've used 16 gig cards, 32, and 64 with pictures, videos, and other folders on them and performed upgrades on TH with no issues. I just made sure there were no previous firmware files on them..

While I haven't had any issues reported here, this is why I build my own copters and use Arducopter, to be honest.

Virtually the only reason I have a RTF is for the camera/gimbal and ease of using it. If there was a good (already have the Tiny2, been there done that) 360 gimbal for a good camera the H wouldn't have appeared on the radar. However, it's worked well for me and does what I got it for.
I have also been building my own, mainly because I wanted them to be waterproof and floating. I purchased the H, among other reasons, for the redundancy of 6 motors and the fact that it was not made by DJI.
There were a few issues initially but all have been resolved. The camera and gimbal give better results than any I have used.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
What was pulled? version 2.24A was pulled?
Not sure, cause the website is back up and pulled 2.24A & just installed it. Will try it out later today. 2.23 worked without issues--still took forever for camera connection. Note I allowed the aircraft to sit for a couple minutes after the ST16 reported update complete. Then rebooted everything and just recalibrated the imu/compass/camera.

Note 2.24A is for US/Asia and 'E' for EU folks.... please be aware...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers