Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

is my H using ultrasonic or real-sense OA

Reaction score
Evening all,

How can I tell if real-sense is actually operating. I know there is an icon on the screen but short of flying it at a tree how can I tell??

Evening all,

How can I tell if real-sense is actually operating. I know there is an icon on the screen but short of flying it at a tree how can I tell??

If you have the latest firmware, it should start beeping when it is facing forward toward an obstacle. At least that's how my "H" does, and it doesn't have Real Sense installed. It should begin beeping when you are about 10-12 feet from an object. I just raise my hand it front of my T-H and it will begin to beep.

When I did the RealSense/Follow me mode this past weekend, the controller will not beep at you since it's flying autonomously. The controller will beep if you have OBS on and in angle mode. It might beep at you if you fly in smart mode also (Just not running Journey, Follow Me mode), I didn't try. Most of the time I fly in angle.

When I did the RealSense/Follow me mode this past weekend, the controller will not beep at you since it's flying autonomously. The controller will beep if you have OBS on and in angle mode. It might beep at you if you fly in smart mode also (Just not running Journey, Follow Me mode), I didn't try. Most of the time I fly in angle.
I am an angle man also, I see both other modes as panic stations. So to clarify does the H use RS at all in angle mode?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So to clarify does the H use RS at all in angle mode?

Yes...IF you switch it on, and IF the front of the H is pointed toward direction of travel. Test it by approaching an obstacle. When you get within 5 to 15 feet the ST16 will start beeping. It also works in RTH IF you switch it on. Be aware that if RS is on, your max speed is limited to 10-12 MPH.

Go slow, study...

Also note that if your H is on the ground and try to turn on OBJ to trigger RS, it will beep at you and you will receive an error on the controller. Turn on OBJ when you are at least 20-25' off of the ground. The controller should vibrate when you switch it on in-flight, but no error messages will display (If it's working correctly).

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval