Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took a lot away when they “upgraded” the 920 to the 920Plus but it always works, does what I tell it to, has a pretty good real life zoom and a full, no crop 16mpx 1” sensor with no distortion. I would hate to have to back pack it though.

The fact that you essentially have a GH4 hanging under the 920 makes me very jealous but at that pint my jealousy stops I’m afraid.

Yes, and for a drone camera, moving the lenses around inside the camera changes the balance of the camera on the gimbal. That other dominant drone manufacturer has figured out how to move the lenses around without altering the balance (significantly?).

$$$$$$$

Internal zooms and internal focusers are expensive. I have several cheap (relatively) Nikon zooms that all barrel extend, BUT my workhorses....my 2.8 Gold Rings.....and I have all 3, the 14-24, 24-70, 70-200.....they're constant aperture, internal focusing and internal zooms.....but they cost 10x what I paid for the cheaper zooms. So it can be done....if you want to take the drone from $1800 to $4800....

If I really want the perfect image...for formal portraiture, I use primes....I’ve got an 85mm 1.4 called the “Cream Machine”.....the bokeh it produces is outstanding.

Those examples posted aren’t bad at all....especially for the money we’re talking about here. However, it is a 20mp image, and that’s alot of capture...and you could simply crop the original image in post with the same result. Plus, you have a bigger image to work with, cropping it how you want. Shoot and record just that zoom, and that’s all you get.... that zoomed in shot. (Which is just an in camera crop) You’re stuck with it.

I can see value in the feature though....you don’t want to get too close for whatever reason, so you zoom in and see if that’ll be good enough....if not inch in bit by bit....until you can get the shot you want....sort of an aid to precision positioning....rather than getting as close as you dare only to be disappointed when you get home to work on the image and it’s not going to be up to snuff.

Are we sure that it's actually been officially released and the global option isn't in fact just getting it from the test channel?

The reason I'm asking is if you look at the normal channel it's still only shows the 784 but both global and test shows the new 809 update.

Ps I am in Denmark it might be different in US.
I have the same !!!! update is available in global ota, but no update is showing in official ota, what is the difference between global & official ???

I have the same !!!! update is available in global ota, but no update is showing in official ota, what is the difference between global & official ???
No idea what the difference is between global and official other than yuneec by default doesn't want us to upgrade from the global channel?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

One allows you to download and the other doesnt (sly smile)

One allows you to download and the other doesnt (sly smile)
The reason I asked the question if we are sure it's been officially released yet [emoji848]

So I tried the update and for some reason I didn’t get the remote app properly. I used my home network and the OTA got interrupted when I accidentally switched on the Plus. It stalled at 96% complete. I reconnected WiFi and it seemed to finish. It did not properly install the APK update to give me the zoom icon and selection. Can anyone steer me to an extracted version of:

TYPHOONPLUS_APP_1.1.03_BUILD809_20190131.yuneec

I think if I put that an a clean SD inside the STI6 it would see that and load it properly. The update wants it but the data isn’t there properly to install. Of course I can’t roll back because I don’t have the old versions so I’d take 784 also if that’s extracted. I thought I saw these maybe posted before? Excuse my ignorance but it’s been a crazy last couple days.

Reactions: mbernholdt
The fact that you essentially have a GH4 hanging under the 920 makes me very jealous but at that pint my jealousy stops I’m afraid.

I truly understand. However, camera drones are about the camera, or whatever payload is to be used. If the payload can’t be used or made to function properly on a drone the drone fails to serve the intended purpose.

Regardless of who makes one, they have to function correctly, do so every time you use them, and function with accuracy and reliability.

A recreational flyer might find it acceptable to question whether or not a system will work on any given day but a commercial user cannot. Both are responsible for establishing what they will be using is safe to use so if there are any doubts about reliable performance in one area of function might that raise doubts about other areas of function?

I only need to satisfy a couple questions with anything I use, be it for flight or anything else; will it do what I want or need it to do and will it, with a high level of certainty, do it reliably? It doesn’t need to be the best, most popular, most attractive, or most expensive thing ever made, it just has to work, every time.

Reactions: JackMTaco and Peggy
Happy to report that I flashed to the new build, reluctant in doing due to my phobia of Yuneec's 777. As a religious practice, I did a soft update just to get a copy of the package, and rebooted the ST16s to its factory state, and reflashed manually to achieve a fresh build. Earlier today, I flew the sUAS in an area where the previous build had problems with connectivity (specially 777, which as some of you know that I truly disliked) I have found no changes from the flying characteristics of the craft, everything is solid.

I tested out the zoom feature, and this feature is great for inspection. For quite some time, inspectors has been extracting JPEG from a 4K video and this provided a hi-res data during the final output delivery. Yuneec's zoom capability lacks clarity and sharpness, but not far from the competition. The strongest suit for the zoom is when doing a live eval of an inspection. The zoom can greatly aid the operator in identifying critical areas much quicker, safely, and efficiently in real time than before.

Here's a sample, although it is not sharp, but now it allows me to fly in a safe distance, without disturbing the workers below and jeopardize their safety.

YUN_0004.jpg

I agree, the zoom does not produce sharp photo gallery images, but they are more than fine for almost anything else.

Happy to report that I flashed to the new build, reluctant in doing due to my phobia of Yuneec's 777. As a religious practice, I did a soft update just to get a copy of the package, and rebooted the ST16s to its factory state, and reflashed manually to achieve a fresh build. Earlier today, I flew the sUAS in an area where the previous build had problems with connectivity (specially 777, which as some of you know that I truly disliked) I have found no changes from the flying characteristics of the craft, everything is solid.

I tested out the zoom feature, and this feature is great for inspection. For quite some time, inspectors has been extracting JPEG from a 4K video and this provided a hi-res data during the final output delivery. Yuneec's zoom capability lacks clarity and sharpness, but not far from the competition. The strongest suit for the zoom is when doing a live eval of an inspection. The zoom can greatly aid the operator in identifying critical areas much quicker, safely, and efficiently in real time than before.

Here's a sample, although it is not sharp, but now it allows me to fly in a safe distance, without disturbing the workers below and jeopardize their safety.

View attachment 14244
R.P.R. Which antennas are you using the Yuneec or the 4hawks antennas.

R.P.R. Which antennas are you using the Yuneec or the 4hawks antennas.

It depends on where, I am. I work in multiple locations. I use the 4 Hawks in an area, where I get a lot of interference. For my initial test of the new build, I reverted to using the stock antenna to see how well it performs. However, I have re-shielded my components. Foiltastic

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenwick
I went out this am and tried the most basic tests of the new zoom feature. I stayed in auto mode and did some 1920x1080 60fps
mp.4 and JPGs. I am currently editing for length and then will place in one video and post and link here soon. My quick observations are 2x isn’t bad and the rest is for looking closer but not for actual shots that need to be cinema quality obviously.

My JPG selfie at 8x is so pixelated that I look alien. I don’t know what the raw photos will look like yet. Pretty nice though for another option. I’d trade 8x for 1.5x and make 4x the max because I think our 1” sensor in the right conditions would work well up to that 2x zoom. I hope to post results later.

The new firmware are available in OTA GLOBAL, i am in Italy and today i have updated

It depends on where, I am. I work in multiple locations. I use the 4 Hawks in an area, where I get a lot of interference. For my initial test of the new build, I reverted to using the stock antenna to see how well it performs. However, I have re-shielded my components. Foiltastic
OK I see thanks

I went out this am and tried the most basic tests of the new zoom feature. I stayed in auto mode and did some 1920x1080 60fps
mp.4 and JPGs. I am currently editing for length and then will place in one video and post and link here soon. My quick observations are 2x isn’t bad and the rest is for looking closer but not for actual shots that need to be cinema quality obviously.

My JPG selfie at 8x is so pixelated that I look alien. I don’t know what the raw photos will look like yet. Pretty nice though for another option. I’d trade 8x for 1.5x and make 4x the max because I think our 1” sensor in the right conditions would work well up to that 2x zoom. I hope to post results later.

For the H520 we go up in .1 at a time but it’s trickier as the zoom is pinch screen zoom but we can choose anything between 1.1 and 8

You can answer this question then. If you put the original 1X and 8X on a computer and zoom in on the 1X to equal the same resolution of the 8X, does either one look better or are they exactly the same?

Here are my results. They maybe the same as post zooming? I’ll check that later when I do more. This is of course my first time attempting this and for sure as expected, all movements are hyped up. That being said, in hover, it seems the image is pretty stable even with the “zoom” feature. Of course the button is goofy and ignores what it’s really doing on display when you use it. But that’s typical Yuneec...add a feature but miss the GUI proper programming so we can all worry about another visual distraction on an already overloaded controller. Of course I just ignore it because it’s pretty obvious once you’ve selected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss