Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zone Update Problem

Reaction score
Hey, all! I searched, but couldn't find an answer, so here's my situation for you gurus to ponder...

As a Part 107 pilot, I needed to disable the NFZ restriction in my Typhoon H, so I downloaded the NFZ files and GUI to use on Windows 10. The GUI successfully connects and displays all the sensor states. Once I open the tools>firmware update dialog box, the sensor info values all go back to spinning (as though they're waiting to get data). I browse to the file extracted from the download, select the port and click "update". All I get is "erase FAILED". Any ideas on what's going wrong? TIA!

@MrNewo You have to apply for a waiver from Yuneec? They will then send you a new license to remove it. File below is in PDF.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Complete_NFZ_Instructions.pdf
    675 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
What “NFZ files” did you download? If Yuneec provided you a waiver, which would only happen if you filled out and returned a PDF they sent you along with proof of your 107, they would have provided software to remove NFZ’s in that e-mail. If you downloaded waiver software that belonged to someone else it won’t work. Waiver software is specific to the auto pilot serial number.

It is for the Typhoon Q500 not the Typhoon H. Two different birds. Anyone can use that file to unlock their Typhoon Q500 but the Typhoon H needs waiver software specific to the auto pilot serial number.

It is for the Typhoon Q500 not the Typhoon H. Two different birds. Anyone can use that file to unlock their Typhoon Q500 but the Typhoon H needs waiver software specific to the auto pilot serial number.

Ok, thanks

What “NFZ files” did you download? If Yuneec provided you a waiver, which would only happen if you filled out and returned a PDF they sent you along with proof of your 107, they would have provided software to remove NFZ’s in that e-mail. If you downloaded waiver software that belonged to someone else it won’t work. Waiver software is specific to the auto pilot serial number.

NFZ files from Yuneec for my serial number, etc.

Finally found the hangup...

I had to start the GUI software, select the flash file, THEN connect the Typhoon H to the USB port. Once I did it in this order, the update began automatically... ie- the progress bar began filling up with green. I have yet to test it in a NFZ, but this is the farthest the process has gotten, so my hopes are high.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
:cool:

Finally found the hangup...

I had to start the GUI software, select the flash file, THEN connect the Typhoon H to the USB port. Once I did it in this order, the update began automatically... ie- the progress bar began filling up with green. I have yet to test it in a NFZ, but this is the farthest the process has gotten, so my hopes are high.
Great Info MrNewo. I was following the directions as given by Yuneec with the NFZ Unlock file and the directions were not working. I used your info and it came right up. Cheers and thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis