Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Propeller stuck on Typhoon H after crash

Reaction score
So yeah, probably like every one I didn't think that I'll be the one to crash my drone, but it happened. Thankfully it wasn't as seriuous as it looked, 3 broken propellers and mountset for CGO3+. I flew it already after crash and everything seems to work... I have just one problem. My propeller is stuck on the motor, quick release spring is probably broken. I already ordered a new one along with mountset for cgo3+, but i noticed, that I cannot access propeller quick release screws with propeller stuck on the motor....

Has anyone had a problem like that? Is there any safe way take off propeller stuck on the motor without further damage?

I'm assuming that that the prop that locked on there is one of the broken ones, after studying more closely how the locking mechanism is fitted to the motor you may be able to drill drown from the top of the prop hub just far enough to reveal the two fixing screws, then use a philips screwdriver and remove complete assembly.

If you look through the air vents on the motor you can determine the exact position of the two screws.

Last resort suggestion using a dremel tool or similar and carefully cut away the prop hub without touching any other component on the motor.

Well, thankfully it isn't broken, thats how I was able to do test flights after the crash. But it's hard to transport since I can't put it to the case with propeller on.

I was thinking exactly like you, but I thought that maybe there is a safer way. Anyway, will try to use a drill when I'll get the spare parts, thank you :)

I would suggest covering the vents with a bit of tape whilst drilling hopefully stop any debris going into the motor winding's, then afterwards blow out with a airline or can of air just to make sure.

As its not one of the broken props you may be better just asking Yuneec if there is a way of removing the stuck prop, might save you a bit of money spent on replacing that part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33