Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trim control on the H

Thanks for bringing this up, I thought I was doing something wrong. I have exactly the same problem, and also do not have option to change font size. T1_4 shows input in hardware monitor and I am on the same firmware version as yourself. Eagerly awaiting a solution from one of the many knowledgeable folks on this forum.
I can't believe this is so difficult to fix. I've emailed 2 support areas within Yuneec, but had no answer yet. In the meantime I can't use the trim function that used to work perfectly. Must be something to do with the last software update.

I had the same problem. How frustrating! No pad OK/Cancel buttons showing and to make matters worse, no font size option showing! Solution is to Reset the ST16. Go to Pad/Settings/Personal/Backup & Reset/Personal Data/Factory Data Reset. You will loose some things (CCC paths, I think) but not the TH firmware. If worried, you can do the Back up first.

I had the same problem. How frustrating! No pad OK/Cancel buttons showing and to make matters worse, no font size option showing! Solution is to Reset the ST16. Go to Pad/Settings/Personal/Backup & Reset/Personal Data/Factory Data Reset. You will loose some things (CCC paths, I think) but not the TH firmware. If worried, you can do the Back up first.
Thanks, I will try that before this evening's flight.

Tried the trim pad cruise control for the first time today. Could be quite useful for some filming I imagine...

Screen46.png

Not sure what the table on the right shows? Forward or backward flying and left or right ?

Last edited:
I wonder about that too. You may be right. That Yuneec uses +/- values for yaw leads me to believe they have done the same for forward/aft, right/left for a trim indicator.

The trim function is very useful for filming. The more you work with it the more you'll like it. When you get comfortable with it you can start playing with altering the direction of flight while in cruise using just the trim tabs.

Reactions: kai_bcn
I have been trying to get "cruise control" to work, literally for weeks and it refuses to work...I press the trim control, press the ok button on the intro screen (while the H is hovering). Then I press the top of the cross control and the values go up...All as expected...But the H just sits there not budging...Reminds me of a stubborn two year old little brat! I am so OCD this is gonna make me nutzo! I thought I was the only one with this problem until I did a search today...Yuneec needs to provide a remedy?

Has anyone made any headway with this since the original post in 2017?!?

If I disappear, it is likely I have been hauled away and deposited in a nice rubber room! :p

There are 30 incremental steps on the cruise control and it takes several presses before it starts to move. Make sure you are in rabbit mode.
Ok....I pressed it waaaaaay up. Of that I am sure....However, I have never seen it mentioned ANYWHERE (until now by you My Friend) about going to rabbit mode!....So, first thing tomorrow (weather allowing) I will give it another go in bunny wabbit:p

Reactions: Steve Carr
Now that Steve mentioned it, mine have always been in Rabbit mode when cruise was initiated. Flight speed and direction is controlled through the trim tabs after initiation.

Now that Steve mentioned it, mine have always been in Rabbit mode when cruise was initiated. Flight speed and direction is controlled through the trim tabs after initiation.
If you 're in turtle mode, you have to go all the way to 30 before it starts to move.

Thanks for amplifying that.

In that video it took 6 minutes of widget reviews before getting to using cruise control. Left out of cruise control “how to” is setting up a curved flight path which can be very useful if shooting arced flight paths using opposing pans. We can modify the direction of flight at any time by tapping on a tab for the desired direction. We don’t have to limit ourselves to only forward, back, right, or left.

With practice you can fly an entire circle using only the trim pads, but it does require practice. Circles are actually better performed using an orbit mode but things like ovals and “S” curves are often useful.

But the H just sits there not budging...
I tested this today, and I bet the problem was your rates slider being set to Turtle. I started off like that today, then hit the D-pad about 15 times, until it 'just' crawled forwards. Then, as I raised the rates slider, it got faster and faster. Interesting that this works after the input !

Yea I was aware of that, but thanks for the info.
If you set the camera first then set up the cruise control, it will wipe away your manual camera settings.
So now your in the air hovering redoing your manual camera settings. :oops:

Cool, I got the cruise to work...Thanks Steve Carr! I didn't try to do much, other than fly it out. Question: can you go to Turtle mode once you have started? And what it the best way to control the flight path?

Here's a video of this mornings flight:

Thanks Again

No need for turtle mode, although it can be used if desired. Just tap the forward or aft button opposite general direction of flight to slow down. Button tap increases or decreases speed after getting things going. The speed slider has less speed precision.

Nice fall colors!
Sure you can go back and forth from turtle to rabbit, but as @PatR mentioned use the slider to control speed.
Another note; How were you maintaining VLOS behind all those trees?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss