Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FINALLY! An in-depth comparison review of the Typhoon H vs Phantom 4

my typhoon h hold the height himself. The case is only the inlay for a case, Yuneec never told its a case. Software needs updates
I think he have had the follow-mode on the H used without the SensorHelp for Obstacles...

i think he don't make a fair comparison ... but they are much thinks that are right too

A pretty fair comparison overall.
The main reason I went the Typhoon H way was mainly about being able to see it. Bigger and blacker. This is one thing that isn't so good with the P4. Indeed, if the P4 was black I may have considered it.

Normally, I would have held off from buying a newly released drone knowing that such a drone is bound to have some issues, hopefully to be later rectified, but circumstances were such that I didn't have that luxury this time.
Here ya go!, Just do it in Black!!! LOL !!!;)

My next drone will most likely be an Autel X-Star. Until Yuneec steps up to the plate and makes some real improvements to their firmware, this will be my last Yuneec machine I buy. I'm not saying the Typhoon H is a bad machine. I think it's a great machine but Yuneec really needs to polish it to make it shine. Before I saw the Typhoon H demo at CES I had been researching which machine to buy and the biggest reason I steered away from DJI was the customer service horror stories. From what I'm hearing on this forum, other forums, and social media, Yuneec had better get their act together before they loose the limelight afforded to them by Intel.

Reactions: simmou
Fair or not that vision of the H flying into the tree will be seen by many. Truth is obstacle avoidance does not work in the Follow or Smart mode and that is clearly spelled out in the manual. He flew that H into the tree, it was operator error for not reading the manual.

Agreed . yuneec is on the tipping scales right now . there choice of how to react over the coming days or weeks will forever mark there company in the eyes of the people that supported them .

They need to get very software focused and fast if to remain a contender . they have the hardware available to be very sucessful .

They just need the effort !

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jared
Agreed . yuneec is on the tipping scales right now . there choice of how to react over the coming days or weeks will forever mark there company in the eyes of the people that supported them .

They need to get very software focused and fast if to remain a contender . they have the hardware available to be very sucessful .

They just need the effort !
Forever is a very long time, son. DJI screwed their initial end users massively some years ago with unpredictable FC's and legendary (in a horrible way) customer service. Does any of that matter today? Seems not as they are selling Phantoms like gang busters!

The final things that sold me are customer service and high wind navigation. I have never experienced DJI customer service as I have never owned a DJI product but I have heard the stories of long wait times to get a drone fixed and the almost non existance of on the phone help and customer seervice and I have not seen any videos showint the P4 prowess in high wind conditions.

Forever is a very long time, son. DJI screwed their initial end users massively some years ago with unpredictable FC's and legendary (in a horrible way) customer service. Does any of that matter today? Seems not as they are selling Phantoms like gang busters!

Since we are being so correct .

Please reframe from calling me your son ... Thank you

Sorry, I cant sit and watch an hour video on this subject.
he states the RealSense will result in the cost of the H to be $2000. No one knows this so how can he make this statement.
The REalSense will only sense up to 10 meters, this is blantantly wrong.

After watching for 15 minutes, I choose to not watch any more.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
He has the different parts split up on his YouTube channel. The H Pro will be over €2000 here in the EU for the originally advertised setup.

My Typhoon H in comparison with the new Phantom 4 (just bought the latest firmware). As seen in the video, Phantom 4 holds no point in gusty winds.

Your Phantom 4 was making the "RTH" sound on the controller (could hear it in the background).... Strange?

My Typhoon H in comparison with the new Phantom 4 (just bought the latest firmware). As seen in the video, Phantom 4 holds no point in gusty winds.

You have a serious need for a IMU/Compass Calibration on your P4, as My P4 will hold it own like a ROCK ! In 20-30 mph gusts !;)

Reactions: Dariusmixich
Sorry, I cant sit and watch an hour video on this subject.
he states the RealSense will result in the cost of the H to be $2000. No one knows this so how can he make this statement.
The REalSense will only sense up to 10 meters, this is blantantly wrong.

After watching for 15 minutes, I choose to not watch any more.
Truth hurts sometimes.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix