Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FINALLY! An in-depth comparison review of the Typhoon H vs Phantom 4

did you notice Tom seemed almost thrilled that he had crashed it into the tree...then after the crash when he had the camera/gimbal in his hand he said that it was "completely broken" looked to me like he might have been able to put it back on....ethier way x2 about reading the instructions about collision avoidance and follow-me mode not working together...yes the P4 is a beautiful machine, and I'm sure I'll own one one day...but it's uncool to bash products just to make the other look so much better...especially considering this guy makes money on his DJI tutorials on YouTube ....conflict of interest?

No doubt Tom was positive about the H's failure, even though it was complete pilot error. Tom has been accused in the past of not knowing what he is doing, being a shill; and in general going for drama to drive views through his site to get link $.

At least upon discovery the H's obstacle avoidance was disabled when it hit the tree(and he acted like a wounded puppy) Tom should have made a follow up video explaining his error, he did not. This tells me his agenda was not fair nor impartial.

Reactions: Michael Walker
No doubt Tom was positive about the H's failure, even though it was complete pilot error. Tom has been accused in the past of not knowing what he is doing, being a shill; and in general going for drama to drive views through his site to get link $.

At least upon discovery the H's obstacle avoidance was disabled when it hit the tree(and he acted like a wounded puppy) Tom should have made a follow up video explaining his error, he did not. This tells me his agenda was not fair nor impartial.
I would agree with that. He should have left that segment out or explained "what not to do".

Getting my two Yuneec birds ready to sell... took this snap. Can't do this with the Q500 or the P4.. o_O

Attachments

• IMG_20160712_155329.jpg
    IMG_20160712_155329.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: Burntpixel
Just had a friend post this on the local Facebook for sale area. (I don't do the Facebooks) If it doesn't sell I'll use eBay. The Q500 I'm packing up right now, the H I will do tomorrow when the new CGO3+ arrives.

Two UASs for sale.
====================================================================
Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF with CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip
Flown less than 10 times. Everything included, box, books, every accessory, most unused. Its in flawless condition.
https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-Typho...id=1468350101&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=typoon+4k

$575
==========================================================================
Yuneec Typhoon H 4k Collision Avoidance Hexacopter
Flown less than 15 times. Everything included, box, books, every accessory, most unused (wizard). Its in flawless condition. It came with 10 props, one has bite marks frommy cat, wouldn't recommend using it. More can be purchased just about anywhere online.
Amazon.com: Typhoon H 4k Collision Avoidance Hexacopter w/ Battery, Charger, ST16 Controller and Free Wizard Wand Controller: Camera & Photo

$1,000
=================================================================

Just had a friend post this on the local Facebook for sale area. (I don't do the Facebooks) If it doesn't sell I'll use eBay. The Q500 I'm packing up right now, the H I will do tomorrow when the new CGO3+ arrives.

Two UASs for sale.
====================================================================
Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF with CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip
Flown less than 10 times. Everything included, box, books, every accessory, most unused. Its in flawless condition.
Amazon.com: Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF with CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip: Camera & Photo

$575
==========================================================================
Yuneec Typhoon H 4k Collision Avoidance Hexacopter
Flown less than 15 times. Everything included, box, books, every accessory, most unused (wizard). Its in flawless condition. It came with 10 props, one has bite marks frommy cat, wouldn't recommend using it. More can be purchased just about anywhere online.
Amazon.com: Typhoon H 4k Collision Avoidance Hexacopter w/ Battery, Charger, ST16 Controller and Free Wizard Wand Controller: Camera & Photo

$1,000
=================================================================

Good price, should go fast.
Why not use Craigslist, that has been the fastest way to move something for me.

Good price, should go fast.
Why not use Craigslist, that has been the fastest way to move something for me.

I thought about it. My area isn't exactly..... a big city? I'm not sure about many people around here are ready to plunk down this amount of money for a "toy" (I know its not a toy, but everyone around me calls them toys)
Although, these things are getting much more popular, (main-stream) maybe I'll give it a whirl.

I thought about it. My area isn't exactly..... a big city? I'm not sure about many people around here are ready to plunk down this amount of money for a "toy" (I know its not a toy, but everyone around me calls them toys)
Although, these things are getting much more popular, (main-stream) maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Ya small town not many hits unless you have a big city near by could be worth the drive for someone.

And according to me wife all my stuff is toys, even my Dodge Ram. :cool:

Reactions: BoostedPerspective
my typhoon h hold the GPS position correct. don't need help... and in wind he hold positions perfect too !!!

if he fly against a tree, and then telling cam is bad ?

if I fly with the phantom against a wall , it will crash and fall down and then the cam is trash too... :)))

but Yuneec has promised a pro hex (with and without Intel ) but there are many bugs...the software is not complete written... I can only hope we get an major update soon, that we see Yuneec listen to customers...

my shop have find interesting words today:
since March Yuneec tell us the Intel real sense is coming... and every week the same : oh no sorry next month ...it seems the Intel sense comes next year

I have bought the original soft backpack, because I thought it will be better material and fit perfect. but the materials are at some places cheap and I am afraid the shoulder straps will break... and what I as musician hate ....its noisy, every step you make it make quick quick queeek....

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnL
I don't care how cool it looks, I want the best camera. So far the P4 wins by a country mile.

Plus, that hover test was pathetic on the part of the H! Also, the power consumption of the real sense will be huge me thinks. Probably max flight times of 12mins.

I for one was really looking forward to buying the H, but this video and several others problems have really made me change my mind.[/QUOT
I don't care how cool it looks, I want the best camera. So far the P4 wins by a country mile.

Plus, that hover test was pathetic on the part of the H! Also, the power consumption of the real sense will be huge me thinks. Probably max flight times of 12mins.

I for one was really looking forward to buying the H, but this video and several others problems have really made me change my mind.
You pretty much made your decision so go buy the P4! The H as you described it won't do you any good because you are focused too much on the negatives that these bias reviewers are putting up on YouTube that you are willing to abandon what could have been your own personal experience about the Typhoon H.

This video basicly closed the deal for me on making a decision between which will be my next toy, P4 or the H. I already fly a Q500 4K and wanted to to go with H to stay with Yuneec but DJI just kills it. I have watched a bunch of comparison videos on YouTube and they all basicly say the samething. Awesome video Tom and thanks.....

Reactions: BoostedPerspective
I also have very bad experience with Yuneec products and services. At first I bought the DJI phantom 1 and having a lot of problem flying it I decided to let go on DJI and bought some other models drone like Walker, and felt it was cheaply built, then came Yuneec Typhoon 500+4k, that I enjoyed the simplicity of flying, but unfortunately, on my first flight, the craft has crashed into a tree and a metal fence, on RTH function, couldn't understand why, I guess the RTH didn't work, the craft was broken in two and the camera and Gimbal went apart, so I decided to rebuilt the whole thing (as an electronic technician) and ordered the replacement craft shell from Yuneec (it would be much cheaper than send back the craft to California from Quebec city Canada) and to be sure I would get exactly the same electrical configuration I bought another Q500+4k, (this time from B&H) Yuneec would not provide any schematic diagram of that drone. So after a week of rebuilt, my crashed Typhoon was ready to fly, and it did well for approx. 5 flight, and at the last flight, only 3 motors would spin, so I've open the cage of that motor, and found one wire going to the motor controller was broken, and the socket was also broken, so I decided to solder the 3 wires directly to the board, and that was fine ,it did work for a few flights, and again that same motor stop to spin, open it again and found one IC has burned on the controller, got in touch with Yuneec, after many attempts and was told that board was not available!!!! isn't that ridiculous I now have one Q500 that's grounded, useless.
Then came the Typhoon H, it was very impressive, and was stupid enough to go ahead and buy one, but I've enjoyed very much the few time I was able to fly that drone, for last week while flying in an open range, suddenly the H would spin on itself at approx. 100 feet in the air, I was afraid it would crash, and used the RTH function and it landed safely, upon inspection I found it had lost one side of a propeller!!! so there was only half propeller working on that position (propeller A) and as stated in the manual, the drone would switch automatically in a five rotors state if a problem occurred, and it did well. What surprised me, when I replaced that broken propeller ( forgot to mention i'd already checked if it was in good condition before flying and there were all in good shape no cracks ) and try to fly again, and as soon I hit the power button, I got a warning not to fly for it was in the state of 5 motors!!!! tried a second time after shutting down and turning it on again, and all the 6 motors started to spin, so I thought it would have reset to a 6 motors state, I push the throttle stick up, and suddenly the craft felt on it's side and broke another propeller.
Needless to say I was very upset, phone the lousy Yuneec service dept, and told them of my bad experience, and was told to send the craft to California and again told them I wouldn't do so, for it's to expensive sending goods from here to USA. Why at first that darn H wouldn't reprogrammed to 6 motors state, it's useless to have that option if you're not able to use it again... sent another e-mail to Yuneec two days again, and waiting for a positive reply, worst of all, I received yesterday two ordered batteries ($200.00 a piece landed here) that I don't know when I'll be able to, try.
Sorry for my long story and my bad English. Thanks for reading.

I too think the review, despite being done by a DJI fan, is generally, fair. I own both and the T-H is not quite the technological wonder that the DJI is. The max range, application, and sensors on the DJI are all better.

However, for me, the T-H integrated remote is a big deal as having a $250-$500 tablet is just annoying and YAB (yet another battery). I also love the HDMI out which is, I think an additional $150-$200 for the P4. I use both and external monitor and HeadPlay goggles for passengers and other production people. I would have awarded more points for this.

I like the 360 camera as it is smoother than yawing the aircraft. It seems to get beautiful footage most of the time but is just not as good as the P4 in terms of point and shoot ease of use.

I have not had any problems with the T-H in flight except for the maiden where where I was in smart mode with the aircraft too close to me. That incident did not involve a crash. In fact, neither of the T-Hs we have have ever crashed or even tipped over. (Knock on wood).

I don't intend to have it follow me or anyone else around, but, the DJI does do a slightly better job of this in my testing. Frankly these features on both are mostly a gimmick that make for good commercials, but in either case are not reliable enough for any "real" work. I had hoped that "Real Sense" would change my perception of this, but I haven't seen it yet ... irrelevant.

All of that said, I do now have 2 T-Hs and I will likely sell one and keep the other as the workload is split between P4 and the TH and the P4 is used when portability is necessary which turns out is fairly often.

Just my 2 cents.

I also love the HDMI out which is, I think an additional $150-$200 for the P4. I use both and external monitor and HeadPlay goggles for passengers and other production people. I would have awarded more points for this.

I had a thought about this. I'm currently using an older Nexux 7 for my screen with the P4, and looking at something newer. A few Android tablets (such as the Nvidia Shield K1) has HDMI out. So you could essentially feed another display that way?

Currently, I am using my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for the DJI Go app for my Phantom 4 and boy it just keeps crashing. Not a day goes by that the GO app does not crash. Hope DJI fix this bug soon. Now I'm really thinking of getting an Ipad mini 2 or higher and it does add to the cost. But as far as the H goes...technologically yes it's not up to par with the P4 technology yet but the H is the very first generation drone that has a Realsense module in it. This is the reason why I purchased the H because of Intel's Realsense and to really test it for myself in real world application whether it will live up to it's claim or fall flat. Either way...both drones are technologically great pieces of engineering in my opinion with each their own unique advantages and their own mishaps.

Currently, I am using my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for the DJI Go app for my Phantom 4 and boy it just keeps crashing. Not a day goes by that the GO app does not crash. Hope DJI fix this bug soon. Now I'm really thinking of getting an Ipad mini 2 or higher and it does add to the cost. But as far as the H goes...technologically yes it's not up to par with the P4 technology yet but the H is the very first generation drone that has a Realsense module in it. This is the reason why I purchased the H because of Intel's Realsense and to really test it for myself in real world application whether it will live up to it's claim or fall flat. Either way...both drones are technologically great pieces of engineering in my opinion with each their own unique advantages and their own mishaps.

It is probably your Galaxy causing the crash, I use both iPad mini 2 and 4 and never had a crash.

For now Yuneec has realsense, we will have to see what DJI comes out with.
Maybe Lightsense to match there Lightbridge. LOL They like designing there own stuff and have the know how to do it.

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy
Tom's Tech time channel is usually a "help" channel for DJI owners. In this video he compares plenty of key features of the Typhoon H to the Phantom 4.

It is a long comparison, so grab some popcorn and enjoy the show!

Youtube is full of these Typhoon H v's phantom 4 comparisons, every single one is in favour of the P4... what a load of bull, they pick the weakes points of the typhoon and empasize on them but not on the P4, eg...here we have the exposed wires on the typhoon but none mentioned an the P4,the wires in question are not exposed but hidden inside the legs, yet theres a totaly exposed ribbon cable hanging right in front of your face out the camera.....DJI pay off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece