Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hidden Calibration Tip For Typhoon H +

Have you tried asking on any of the EU YouTube sites that are flying the Plus? Use Google translate perhaps.

Have you tried asking on any of the EU YouTube sites that are flying the Plus? Use Google translate perhaps.
I got a short message from Mickeyboo. Yuneec was able to walk him through the process. I don't think he had time to post a reply.

Reactions: rdonson
<in my best Mr. Burns voice> EXCELLLLLENT :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
It would not be surprising to see Yuneec put a lot of info on their website just before the formal shipping date. I certainly hope they do.

Further to my explanation on how to get to the hidden menu which I might add took me an age tapping everything possible until I found it. I cannot reiterate how important it is to do Gyro and Accelerometer after any form of firmware update along with gimble calibration. Why did I try and find this menu? because I don’t trust how it left the factory and I wanted to know it was done properly.
I may do a how to YT video on this at some point as I’m sure there are going to be some virgin Yuneec flyers with this aircraft and may not know how to hold the aircraft for accelerometer calibration.

Be good of you to make that video. Seems there are a lot of people out there that can't do anything without having a video to hold their hand.

This is all so annoying, I really feel your pain. IS the CS chat line of any use on this? Or is it so new, that they aren't any better trained than we are? This is not a knock on anyone else, as there are several accomplished pilots and photographers on this board... but based on what I've seen, you are at the top of a very short list of individuals, that could skillfully demonstrate exactly what this bird is capable of... and by virtue of both your skills and available shooting location (how many sales do you actually have in Iceland Yuneec?), perceptibly influence sales with this platform.

They should be on the phone with you today, making sure that all your preliminary questions are answered... typically short-sighted... what a lost opportunity. :(
It’s sad that repeat buyers of yuneec not only spend top dollar, but expect an even better product than the H seeing it is called an H+.
Having problems out of the box like this is unacceptable
They had ample time for these things we are finding so quickly

@biltno since it’s not officially released in the US it’s no surprise that Yuneec has put some out with early release or beta firmware. There will likely be updates at release and over the coming months.

Looks like Yuneec US is getting these to the stores this week. On Best Buy's site; ordering now, you can have one Wednesday, and where I am at it says I can pick up at my local store on Friday. Hmmm, DJI's July 18th surprise must have lit a fire under Yuneec's tail.

BB.jpg

Reactions: rdonson
DJI and Yuneec aircraft don’t really seem to compete head to head for me as their lines ups are quite different. Just my opinion. Still anyone selling sUAS ignore DJI at their own peril.

For highly portable I’m interested in the Autel EVO if/when they ship a version with a 1” sensor.

Still, for me nothing beats the Yuneec ST16 controllers. especially with @Ty Pilot ‘s tray for it!

Reactions: jngrally and biltno
In the next few weeks Autel, Parrot, Yuneec, and DJI will all be releasing new products to consumers. The last one to release their new stuff will suffer as the available pool of potential buyers will tend to buy the newer releases instead of waiting for a later particular release. Regardless of what they bought they will have already spent their “disposable” income, shrinking the number of remaining buyers open to buy the products released last.

We’re looking at a “get it while the getting is good” situation and makers will put quantity over quality and consistency every time to “get it”, with “it” being our money. Once that order is placed manufacturers have obtained all they were looking to obtain. They have all the time in the world to deal with performance issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
DJI and Yuneec aircraft don’t really seem to compete head to head for me as their lines ups are quite different. Just my opinion. Still anyone selling sUAS ignore DJI at their own peril.

For highly portable I’m interested in the Autel EVO if/when they ship a version with a 1” sensor.

Still, for me nothing beats the Yuneec ST16 controllers. especially with @Ty Pilot ‘s tray for it!

Thanks @rdonson That one is on my radar too, but like you I am still in favor of the Yuneec form factor for both aircraft and controller. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. Like @PatR first said of the 520 release . . . .And So It Begins. ;)

Thanks @rdonson That one is on my radar too, but like you I am still in favor of the Yuneec form factor for both aircraft and controller. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. Like @PatR first said of the 520 release . . . .And So It Begins. ;)

I would NOT consider replacing an H with either the Autel EVO or a DJI Mavic Pro. A smaller, more portable aircraft would be in addition to my 2 H.

Reactions: Steve Carr and PatR
The only game changing release coming up is the Parrot Anafi, because of its look up gimbal. The rest pretty much all do the same things in one manner or another. None of the others can perform an inspection of something directly over head, none can effectively photograph the bottom of anything without having to obtain multiple angles to capture the entire surface. If there is a long vertical component to the subject no other consumer drone can capture the entire under surface as it would be blocked from doing so by the vertical structure preventing drone positioning.

The ability to shoot straight up is only available on equipment that cost $ thousands more than an H, Evo, Phantom, or Inspire, making the Anafi a very attractive, extremely portable, and fairly affordable addition to a tool box. Interestingly, it's advertised range is about the same as the Typhoon H Plus.

Last edited:
Their effort i this area is at minimum commendable. Until now the least expensive drone that could shoot good imagery with a look up gimbal was the Steadidrone series of quads and eights out of South Africa. I think the least expensive one was the Mavrik at about $7k new. The Anafi is 10x less expensive and shoots 4k, 21mp imagery. Steadidrone closed up the consumer side of the shop about three years ago and now focuses on military aerial hardware. Parrot just captured a market.

Here are some manual pages from a manual I'm working on - to provide some info on the extra calibration procedures
7/7 Put the newer Pages up - incase this all people use
7/20 added steps with camera off

Attachments

• H_Plus_Manual2_appendixOnly.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Here are some manual pages from a manual I'm working on - to provide some info on the extra calibration procedures
Thanks very much for posting...I hate to admit it and it's normally against the way I do things but I did not even recalibrate my H Plus upon arrival in Iceland and it flew wonderfully...pleasant surprise ...

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430