Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hidden Calibration Tip For Typhoon H +

Corrected the Accelerometer Calibration page. Had to run it 2 more times to make sure I was right, the sound for when you repeat a position is like a warning - it’s not a big deal - just go to a new position. It would be best to get a routine - the first position you start the test in does not count you will have to come back to it, needs to see a change in position first - I’m guessing. So if you start with it level and battery compartment facing you will have to come back to it.

Attachments

• ACCcalibr.pdf
    260.4 KB · Views: 11
DJI and Yuneec aircraft don’t really seem to compete head to head for me as their lines ups are quite different. Just my opinion. Still anyone selling sUAS ignore DJI at their own peril.

For highly portable I’m interested in the Autel EVO if/when they ship a version with a 1” sensor.

Still, for me nothing beats the Yuneec ST16 controllers. especially with @Ty Pilot ‘s tray for it!

You should have seen the bloodbath at RCG. The DJI cronies (some paid) tried to wreck the YTH thread and destroy any credibility of the Typhoon H. So, I contacted the thread owner as he was frustrated at it all. He closed the thread and I started an "Official Yuneec Typhoon H Owners Thread", but this time it was moderated......by me. The howling and gnashing of teeth was a sight to behold. I must have deleted 200 posts. They didn't like me very much. It did stop the bleeding however. PatR remembers I'm sure. The DJI sycophants did the same thing to the 3DR Solo, but succeeded that time.

It got so petty, a few even said I had no right to name the thread "official". LOL...

Try posting something negative on a DJI thread at RCG and see how long it stays posted.

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
I remember it well, ya done good. Similar is occurring over there now with Evo and Anafi threads. Another interesting observation has DJI product threads getting bumped to the top, moving Evo and Anafi threads to low on the opening page. One more observation has the Mavic getting decimated by those posting first hand experiences with the Anafi.

Post DJI negativity over there and I’ll name at least 10 different people that will be all over you like flies on stink. A couple of them get free DJI product for reviews and help threads. That company has a very large cheer leading team.

At the moment there’s very little being written in the H Plus thread, with Vegasrobbi, a guy from Australia, and me doing most of the input.

Reactions: Tuna and Steve Carr
There's very little reason to believe DJI has stopped their aggressive behaviour towards competitors. All that has changed is that they try a little harder not to get caught.

It's dishonest and nasty, and one of the reasons I've no plans to port my software to their machines.

The calibration of the compass is easily found via the manual but here is some more information which is undocumented.

Make sure you calibrate the accelerometer and gyro then calibrate the compass afterwards. To get to the hidden menu for accelerometer and gyro tap the words ‘calibrate compass’ 5 times quickly and the hidden menu will pop up. Do not fly it until you have done those 2 extra calibrations. It will greatly reduce the chance of a fly away. This information was kindly provided by Chris Weavers

Wow
I'm going to check this out.
Keith Kuhn

I think @Steve Carr hit the nail on the head. They shipped these birds out with beta software that needed to be updated soon after unboxing.

Steve knows lots of things about the typhoon H. Also about Telemetry files
And much much more. I trust him completely.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers