Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hidden Calibration Tip For Typhoon H +

Reaction score
The calibration of the compass is easily found via the manual but here is some more information which is undocumented.

Make sure you calibrate the accelerometer and gyro then calibrate the compass afterwards. To get to the hidden menu for accelerometer and gyro tap the words ‘calibrate compass’ 5 times quickly and the hidden menu will pop up. Do not fly it until you have done those 2 extra calibrations. It will greatly reduce the chance of a fly away. This information was kindly provided by Chris Weavers

The calibration of the compass is easily found via the manual but here is some more information which is undocumented.

Make sure you calibrate the accelerometer and gyro then calibrate the compass afterwards. To get to the hidden menu for accelerometer and gyro tap the words ‘calibrate compass’ 5 times quickly and the hidden menu will pop up. Do not fly it until you have done those 2 extra calibrations. It will greatly reduce the chance of a fly away. This information was kindly provided by Chris Weavers

Undocumented??? I'M SHOCKED! :rolleyes:

And exactly why TF are these basic pre-flight procedures so **** hidden? With the potential for f'n up the system, I can understand the original "secret menu"... but the accelerometer and gyro? Really?:mad:

Just guessing here but..........there will likely be several updates to address these things and to add additional features. I understand some of the features are still in the development and testing stages just as they were for the H.

Normally, I've calibrated the accelerometer and compass using the desktop app and a usb cable. It shouldn't really need doing more than once unless you really bash the machine around.

On the whole I try to avoid too frequent calibrations - particularly in the field when you can't be sure of conditions.

Accelerometer and gyro are calibrated at the factory, just calibrate the compass according to your position on the planet. No need to do the operation if you do not have any particular problem.
I just made the last update, and I do not touch anything, I'll see if everything is ok, and in advance I think.

Kev thanks again for the information about batteries and that the difference beside not being HV Lipos is merely the way they've designed the cell balance contacts...I now have 22 I can use on my trip instead of 2.

Kev thanks again for the information about batteries and that the difference beside not being HV Lipos is merely the way they've designed the cell balance contacts...I now have 22 I can use on my trip instead of 2.
I suggest doing a few flights with the H batteries in the H+ to get used to them because the voltages are slightly different inbetween Lipo and HV Lipo the percentage level left on the h+ might be slightly incorrect when using normal Lipo.

Regarding the autonomy, 20'30 '' with a lot of acceleration and braking, history to test the reliability of this copy, that with HV batteries. With those of the Typhoon H, I fell to 19 'in pretty much the same conditions.
The battery alarm starts at 25/26% (4 to 5 messages) with RTH automatic setting to 20/21%. Once installed, the measured voltage was 14.80 volts on the HV batteries and the normal ones.

The H Plus low level voltage might well be pretty important as 14.8V is higher than the first low V warning with a standard H

It is measured and on both batteries (HV and H normal). I waited for the rth snaps. I think it's good too.
upload_2018-6-17_18-33-57.png

Went to Accelerometer calibration and Gyro Calibration today. Accelerometer graphic is so poorly done I cannot figure out what position it is supposed to be in to start process (which by the way is now like DJI's) you position and once it done it for one position it moves you along to the next. However the graphic is unclear as to the start position. With regard to the Gyro calibration that won't even get past the start button. Does anyone know how to do these calibrations? I posted on Euro Facebook asking how and it was immediately removed. My chances of taking this to Iceland are getting slimmer and slimmer...I need to fly this thing in the US to see if it is worth hauling to Iceland.

Yuneec moderated FB pages are very quick to remove any negativity provided by users. A rose colored glasses thing. Question requesting answers that imply design and performance deficiencies often don’t receive a reply.

If they have one for their own testing, a call to CarolinaDronz for a talk with Frank for straight up answers might be a good play. He can be pretty candid in voice conversations.

Yuneec moderated FB pages are very quick to remove any negativity provided by users
I have not seen that and I moderate several groups. The posts that are generally removed are from trolls who don't own or have ever flown the product. There are many critical posts which are answered by members. They are specific in nature as opposed to the usual "Yuneec is crap" rants.

Went to Accelerometer calibration and Gyro Calibration today. Accelerometer graphic is so poorly done I cannot figure out what position it is supposed to be in to start process (which by the way is now like DJI's) you position and once it done it for one position it moves you along to the next. However the graphic is unclear as to the start position. With regard to the Gyro calibration that won't even get past the start button. Does anyone know how to do these calibrations? I posted on Euro Facebook asking how and it was immediately removed. My chances of taking this to Iceland are getting slimmer and slimmer...I need to fly this thing in the US to see if it is worth hauling to Iceland.

This is all so annoying, I really feel your pain. IS the CS chat line of any use on this? Or is it so new, that they aren't any better trained than we are? This is not a knock on anyone else, as there are several accomplished pilots and photographers on this board... but based on what I've seen, you are at the top of a very short list of individuals, that could skillfully demonstrate exactly what this bird is capable of... and by virtue of both your skills and available shooting location (how many sales do you actually have in Iceland Yuneec?), perceptibly influence sales with this platform.

They should be on the phone with you today, making sure that all your preliminary questions are answered... typically short-sighted... what a lost opportunity. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Perhaps a better question is how many long standing internationally acclaimed photographers use Yuneec aerial imagery products, and of those how many do we want to alienate?

My answer would be regardless of the quantity using, let’s step on our ta-ta’s if we have to in making all of them happy.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy