Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IPS Module for H

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when the IPS module is to become available for the Typhoon. I am not really interested in the realsense module, but I do believe that the IPS would be nice. I have had some close calls with autonomous flight due to misreadings of how far the copter is off the ground. Whenever I use RTH it always lands a little hard due to readings that claim that it is farther from the ground than in actuality. Also, one really close call I had was when I was using CCC. I setup the waypoints at about 10-15 ft off the ground and when I started up the mission, the typhoon dropped real fast to barely 12" from the ground and then proceeded upon it's mission. Due to this, I am scared to even try CCC anymore. I don't have a problem with it climbing while hovering. It holds itself fairly rock solid, except on autonomous flights.

Reactions: Rayray

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm unsure if IPS will be sold separately or as a package. I would guess only as a package.
As far as CCC, I have been cautioning for some time to be very careful about setting low altitudes and to be cautious about a flight path that comes close to objects. The altimeter is not a precision instrument and it can vary easily up to + or - 20'. That would explain the behavior you are seeing. You just need to make adjustments with that in mind.

Reactions: NealC and abinder
Reaction score
Yuneec Germany have told me IPS solo not available only the complete module with Intel real sense....

but I don't give much on this words, because they have told much rubbish on phone ...

but it seems it don't come out alone

Reactions: Niels Bogstad
Reaction score
We have been told that you should be able to buy the IPS and the real sense separate because they are both modular. I would say let's wait and see whenever they put it out.

Reaction score
Back in June Yuneec UK said the IPS module will be supplied as a separate unit to realsense at £75 GBP, in the same email they said the backpack would be released in July. I am still waiting on the backpack so take everything with a pinch of salt.

Reaction score
We have been told that you should be able to buy the IPS and the real sense separate because they are both modular. I would say let's wait and see whenever they put it out.
I have heard the same thing DFT. September should tell, or another "TwoWeekYuneec" LOL !:confused:

Reaction score
Yuneec Germany have told me IPS solo not available only the complete module with Intel real sense....

but I don't give much on this words, because they have told much rubbish on phone ...

but it seems it don't come out alone
Hi,

At least in France, shops I know are selling both references separately and both "announced" to be available mid-september...:
IPS : ref YUNTYHIPS
RealSense : YUNTYHR which includes IPS.

Tchuss

Reactions: DroneClone

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Find Email