Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Best Buy a Yuneec Repair Center?

Reaction score
The reason I ask, there's a Repair Center Locator on the Yuneec USA site so I thought I'd test it. My only hits were 3 Best Buys, one of which isn't even a Best Buy. Maybe a Best Buy licensed mail order store front at best. I guess I was hoping for a real licensed repair center, not a Best Buy.

I see the same list whether I choose dealer or service. Might be part of the script errors on their site.

The reason I ask, there's a Repair Center Locator on the Yuneec USA site so I thought I'd test it. My only hits were 3 Best Buys, one of which isn't even a Best Buy. Maybe a Best Buy licensed mail order store front at best. I guess I was hoping for a real licensed repair center, not a Best Buy.
I wonder if Best Buy is a conduit to Yuneecs' repair center in California.

I wonder if Best Buy is a conduit to Yuneecs' repair center in California.
Seems to be a lot of confusion about Best Buy's roll in warranty service. A few days ago, Yuneec told a guy to take his H to BB. When he got there they gave him the zombie look and told him to call Yuneec. On the next call they sent him a mailing label. As with many things at Yuneec, no one as yet knows and if they do, they aren't telling.

Seems to be a lot of confusion about Best Buy's roll in warranty service. A few days ago, Yuneec told a guy to take his H to BB. When he got there they gave him the zombie look and told him to call Yuneec. On the next call they sent him a mailing label. As with many things at Yuneec, no one as yet knows and if they do, they aren't telling.

Kinda makes you wonder about them sometimes. Wish I had a crystal ball to see how long they remain in the US.

I'm from Canada and had some warranty work needed, it was sent through BB .I was there 1st but after a couple calls, they took care of everything.

Just for Ss & Gs I put in Kansas City into the search map, and Ken-A-Vision does come up... so at least it is not just a listing of Best Buy locations.

the Flying Geek Squad? They could use Rocky the Flying Squirrel as their mascot... :rolleyes:

Just for Ss & Gs I put in Kansas City into the search map, and Ken-A-Vision does come up... so at least it is not just a listing of Best Buy locations.

Is Ken-A-Vision the KC facility that has been getting kudos for their repair work?

If you do a search on Ken-A-Vision or KAV you will find several threads... I'm not sure kudos would be the most common term, at least on this board.

Last edited:
If you do a search on Ken-A-Vision or KAV you will find several threads... I'm not sure kudos would be the most common term.

Got it EEV! Must have been another facility that someone had a good experience with. Sounds as if KAV may not be the best place to get a repair done.

They may have gotten much better, considering the volume of work they did over the last year... unfortunately little consolation for the owners of the drones, through which they achieved that learning curve experience.

Reactions: Chefinthesky
Received an “inside word” about a month ago Best Buy would become a “repair” station. Which one’s and how they would get trained was not revealed.

They need the secret gimbal calibration equipment. The rest is pretty straightforward. Excerpt for the camera, the TH is easily repaired.

New to the forum here.....Recently brought my H Pro to Best Buy for repair.....had the dreaded cgo3+ three beep death. I didn't buy my H at Best Buy but am a preferred customer so they happily wrote up the repair ticket and shipped her off.......below is a copy of the time line, should have it back Monday or Tuesday!!!!! Very Happy..

• 01/12/2019 07:04 a.m.We've shipped your device from our service center.
  • 01/12/2019 07:04 a.m.We're getting your device ready to ship.
  • 01/11/2019 02:56 p.m.We've completed work on your device. Stay tuned - we will let you know when you can expect to have it back in your hands.
  • 01/11/2019 01:15 p.m.We've received the parts we need to complete your repair.
  • 01/08/2019 05:12 a.m.Your device is in our queue and will be assigned to an Agent soon.
  • 01/04/2019 12:23 p.m.We've ordered parts for your repair.
  • 01/04/2019 12:22 p.m.We've determined that a part inside of your device needs to be replaced.
  • 01/04/2019 10:04 a.m.We've received your repair at our service center.
  • 12/30/2018 07:51 p.m.We've shipped your device to our service center.
  • 12/30/2018 07:51 p.m.We've added your device to a shipment.
  • 12/30/2018 07:51 p.m.We're getting your device ready to ship.
  • 12/28/2018 10:56 a.m.Thank you for trusting us with your device. We'll take it from here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval