Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No throttle/take off

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Havnt flown my h in awhile, so today started the motors after everything was in place sats, etc gave it throttle, but no lift off or rise in motor speed ? So l re-calibrated the compass, still no lift off, then re- bounded everything but still the same ? What am l missing ?

Sounds like a severely worn out flight battery to me. I haven't seen it on the H but with other quads I've had batteries with good voltage but Internal Resistance so high that they wouldn't bring the motors above idle. What did the aircraft voltage look like when you tried to throttle up?

after everything was finished was 16.4
Sounds like a severely worn out flight battery to me. I haven't seen it on the H but with other quads I've had batteries with good voltage but Internal Resistance so high that they wouldn't bring the motors above idle. What did the aircraft voltage look like when you tried to throttle up?
Batteries were fully charged, after 15-20 mins was 16.4 ?

What color are the lights blinking if at all? Any beeps when you try to lift off?

Solid blue
The three SOLID colors of the rear LED are green, purple and red. It is Blue FLASHING when it's waiting to bind. And sometimes there is a flash of white. But I personally do not know of a solid blue code (at least not normally). Please check the color again.

If the LED is actually solid blue, this is going to be interesting unless someone else recognizes it.

To help troubleshoot this problem, follow these steps and report results for each step.

1) Power on the Typhoon H only. What is the status of the Main LED?

2) Leave the aircraft powered on and start the ST-16. The aircraft should bind and show telemetry on the controller and the screen should show the image from the camera. Do you get telemetry and video feed?

3) Ensure the Obstacle Avoidance switch is in the center or up position.

a) Place the Mode switch in the up (Smart mode) position. What color is the Main LED?

b) Place the Mode switch in the middle (Angle mode) position. What color is the Main LED?

c) Place the Mode switch in the down (Home/RTH Mode) position. What is the status of the Main LED?

4) Power off the TH and then the ST-16.

Reactions: Steve Carr
No beeps when tryin to take off, as far as the light color I see blue, but it could very well be purple ? One more thing l forgot to mention is l replaced the right switch board before this happened, checked in the hardware monitor, and all was good ?

To help troubleshoot this problem, follow these steps and report results for each step.

1) Power on the Typhoon H only. What is the status of the Main LED?

2) Leave the aircraft powered on and start the ST-16. The aircraft should bind and show telemetry on the controller and the screen should show the image from the camera. Do you get telemetry and video feed?

3) Ensure the Obstacle Avoidance switch is in the center or up position.

a) Place the Mode switch in the up (Smart mode) position. What color is the Main LED?

b) Place the Mode switch in the middle (Angle mode) position. What color is the Main LED?

c) Place the Mode switch in the down (Home/RTH Mode) position. What is the status of the Main LED?

4) Power off the TH and then the ST-16.
#1- blue flashing
#2-purple 3 flashes then repeat w/ 1 beep
#3 ok
#3a-green 3 flashes repeat w/ beep
#3b-purple 3 flases repeat w/beep
#3c red rapid flashes
Have the telemetry, and camera

Could it be you may have a loose wire connection or something is connected backwards?

#1- blue flashing
#2-purple 3 flashes then repeat w/ 1 beep
#3 ok
#3a-green 3 flashes repeat w/ beep
#3b-purple 3 flases repeat w/beep
#3c red rapid flashes
Have the telemetry, and camera
OK, you are getting proper responses on the Main LED, but you must be indoors as you are getting 3 flashes at steps 3a and 3b meaning you do not have GPS Acquired condition (Main LED will show solid color).

With the system on and bound, tap the Volts icon on the ST-16. It will show a Channels display. Move each stick carefully up/down and left/right and note which channels show a change for each axis. Do this with the Rate slider at Turtle and Rabbit and note the difference in the response of the channels as you move the sticks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just a general emphasis of the importance of @DoomMeister's recommendation. The Hardware monitor is essentially the raw output of the controller. It is showing the signal values BEFORE signal modifications. The hidden display activated by rapid double tap on "Volts" is effectively the final output going to the antenna. It is often not the same, including a complete absence of the signal going to the antenna, even though it looks fine on Hardware Monitor.

OK, you are getting proper responses on the Main LED, but you must be indoors as you are getting 3 flashes at steps 3a and 3b meaning you do not have GPS Acquired condition (Main LED will show solid color).

With the system on and bound, tap the Volts icon on the ST-16. It will show a Channels display. Move each stick carefully up/down and left/right and note which channels show a change for each axis. Do this with the Rate slider at Turtle and Rabbit and note the difference in the response of the channels as you move the sticks.
Couldnt get there from the volts tab, but did so on advanced then channel settings, seen the orange line move a little when moving the stick up and down, then let and right ? Should it go all the way, or a little is the norm ?

Just a general expansion of @DoomMeister's recommendation. The Hardware monitor is essentially the raw output of the controller. It is showing the signal values BEFORE signal modifications. The hidden display activated by rapid double tap on "Volts" is effectively the final output going to the antenna. It is often not the same, including a complete absence of the signal going to the antenna, even though it looks fine on Hardware Monitor.
Ok ; will check that also

Couldnt get there from the volts tab, but did so on advanced then channel settings, seen the orange line move a little when moving the stick up and down, then let and right ? Should it go all the way, or a little is the norm ?

The channel settings should show a range for J1 of about "5" to "85". DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING in Channel settings if you are not familiar with it. Being in this menu has been the source of many messed up controllers.

I think you have already answered the question, but please try the display under "Volts" again. It is just a rapid double tap. More taps than two often cause the display to not appear.

Had you been in the Channel Setting menu just prior to the problem showing up?

Sorry for not saying double tapping the Volts icon to get to Channels display.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval