Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ST16 update went fine, but the OTA update of my H went wrong three times (timeouts and http connection failed...). In the end I was unable to turn the H off as it seems to got stuck in the firmware update process.
After a while I disconnected the battery and now when pushing the "on button" there is no sound and only the camera connects to the ST16. I tried to update the H via SD card inside the CGO3P and via USB cable with the PC TyphoonHGUI but both to no avail.
I now got a half dead H that doesn't start up anymore. I will have to call Yuneec on Monday morning.

Mine did the exact same thing. I am sending my back also. Geen LED on the Camera and picture, but no LEDs on the H

Frank,
Europese Yuneec steun bevindt zich in Duitsland.
Ondersteuning Hotline Duitsland
+49 4191 932620
Hoe is uw Duitse? Mijn Nederlands is zeer slecht na teveel jaar geen gebruik
Helaas is mijn duits nog slechter dan het engels

Here is the vid after my report today. Only a bit of sequencing done... No corrections... Enjoy the Cornish Coast.... (flown only with the wizard)

Christoph, do you live in North Cornwall, or are you visiting? I live down the other end of the county near Penzance. Haven't tried using the Wizard yet, but your video looks good so will try it in the next week or two.

Reactions: Christoph
Another flight between the rain today. Went out 1500 feet, no video or telemetry loss.
It does seem to me that the video is a bit more laggy?
I feel there is an additional 1 to 1.5 second delay. Anyone else seeing this, or am I just that old?

Am i the only one that is still having problems with the h after the latest update
My h is still drifting to one side and it is not holding by gps
I have update my h the right way with help of the video from yuneec
I am really desperate at the moment
i
i had the same problem and tested it with the wizard and got NO drift...after playing with yuneec for a while i asked for a new st16 and they swapped me out a new one....i feel like i have a brand new H now....no drifting no j hook and no tbe.....call yuneec

Christoph, do you live in North Cornwall, or are you visiting? I live down the other end of the county near Penzance. Haven't tried using the Wizard yet, but your video looks good so will try it in the next week or two.
Hey Ejay...I live in Bude... So yep.... Give it a whirl... It's awesome. Be sure to let me know when you've done one, would love to see... Cheers. Chris.

i
i had the same problem and tested it with the wizard and got NO drift...after playing with yuneec for a while i asked for a new st16 and they swapped me out a new one....i feel like i have a brand new H now....no drifting no j hook and no tbe.....call yuneec
Oke i hope they will do the same with my st16
I am going to call them tomorrow and hopefully they understand dutch

Wow, I was very excited for this update, specially since the time lapse is definitely a function I'd be using Heavily, but it seems there's a few cases of some bricked units.

I thought it was only happening to some people trying to update OTA or via GUI, but I've already seen a few ones that did it via SD card with catastrophic results. I'll keep waiting to see how this develops. I really want the new features but the risk of bricking the H outweights the benefits :(

Of course there's a possibility that it Could've been incorrect update procedure, but in the mean time I guess I'll keep using the Sept 1 firmware :/

Wow, I was very excited for this update, specially since the time lapse is definitely a function I'd be using Heavily, but it seems there's a few cases of some bricked units.

I thought it was only happening to some people trying to update OTA or via GUI, but I've already seen a few ones that did it via SD card with catastrophic results. I'll keep waiting to see how this develops. I really want the new features but the risk of bricking the H outweights the benefits :(

Of course there's a possibility that it Could've been incorrect update procedure, but in the mean time I guess I'll keep using the Sept 1 firmware :/
I was thinking that too Jules... I went for it though.... Works a treat....

Can someone post the versions that the H reports back after a successful firmware upgrade for the components on the H? I had a couple of hiccups with the process, and it appears that the OTA method (or mine at least) doesn't know that it was updated.

It appears the upgrade goes through fine as the controller instructs me to power off the H & then to power it back on. I then run the update again & the process will proceed to go through as if the firmware on the H was not updated.

Is this normal for anyone else?

After upgrading to the latest firmware and doing all calibrations, I decided to do a quick flight test in my backyard. During the first flight, it flew OK for the first 7 mins and then it started doing the toilet bowl effect. I quickly landed and performed another acc/compass calibration, and tried again.. It appeared to have fixed the issue. It was hovering steadily about 12 feet off the ground when all of a sudden the TH just dropped out of the sky without displaying any warning on the transmitter. So bummed right now. Good thing the crash was caught by my backyard security cam. In reviewing the file, i noticed that the battery was at 14.6 ( under load) when it loss power. I will send the video to yuneec along with the telemetry file for analysis.

I hate to report also that this new version 3 firmware does in fact have bugs for me also. It was flying fine for first 6 batteries and on the 7th is started to Twitch when turning right, but smooth when going left. Started the TB of Death also. Stopped responding to stick inputs. Compass warning was found in the log files. The version of software just prior to this was working pretty good, did over 30 batteries with no issues, and no compass errors. For todays flights with version 3 firmware on the 7th battery the compass error returned and the loss of control that comes with it.

The good news is unlike times in the past the loss of control was not as bad as it could have been because the TH itself didn't start to fly off at high speed. It was slow and just slow enough to allow me to run up to it and hand catch it before it crashed.

I have not flown again since this... Going to wait for more reports from others before taking it back out. and maybe another upgrade in the standard Yuneec 2/3 weeks :) system they have going now.
No crash, but not a fun day today as I thought I was done with these issues.

Just wanted to add, there was no warning on the ST16 at all for the compass warning. There was a compass warning light on the TH AFTER to grabbed it with my hands in mid air. The logs is where I saw the error.

I did do the compass calibration proper, before the flights when I arrived at the field, the prev flights were all in the same field with not a single error in the logs before this last one. Yes I let the system cool down before taking off before each flight, plus its only about 10 degrees C here so not even got our side, Battery was only a little warm when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval