Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
Becaus of problems with previous H, last week I received another H as replacement. I did 2 flights last week and while there are no problem that i had before , now when I pull legs up, video brokes. Why is this happening ?
So today I had another two flights and on the first flight I had very strange behaviour. I was hovering like 3 meters from the ground , legs up and H was slow droping altitude and it was about to hit ground with camera so I power it up but when left it hovinering again it again drops altitude. You could hear how motors are producing this noise changing power. and it was drifting on it's own while hovering. After hovering I went for a flight and it was more/less OK. I am not sure what this IPS thing is doing as it seems it is not doing anything. I read somewhere that H could not land if legs are up but it seems this is not the case. I must say that that I flew in angle mode and RealSense OFF.

Do you have the H with the internal or external antenna?

What version of the firmware is in this new "H"?

I have tested the no landing with legs up (in Angle mode with RealSense off) and it works fine. It would not let me go below about 3.5 feet.

I recommend that you do an Accelerometer calibration. In fact, you should calibrate Compass, Accelerometer and Gimbal. Make sure that your Accelerometer and Gimbal calibrations are on a level surface.

AP 1.29 is now installed, just needs a flight test to see how it is and whether it gives me compass errors.
Thanks everyone

AP 1.29 is now installed, just needs a flight test to see how it is and whether it gives me compass errors.
Thanks everyone

Calibrate it twice in same spot. That seems to help gather more coordinates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have the H with the internal or external antenna?
What version of the firmware is in this new "H"?
I have tested the no landing with legs up (in Angle mode with RealSense off) and it works fine. It would not let me go below about 3.5 feet.
I recommend that you do an Accelerometer calibration. In fact, you should calibrate Compass, Accelerometer and Gimbal. Make sure that your Accelerometer and Gimbal calibrations are on a level surface.
There are two external antennas on H , the same as I had on previous H.
Firmware is latest on H and ST16
I already did accelerometer , gimbal and compass twice. Acc and gimbal on flat level surface.
Like I said, it was going down and it almost hit ground, here is a picture.
typhoon.jpg

There are two external antennas on H , the same as I had on previous H.
Firmware is latest on H and ST16
I already did accelerometer , gimbal and compass twice. Acc and gimbal on flat level surface.
Like I said, it was going down and it almost hit ground, here is a picture.
typhoon.jpg

Call Yuneec. That was the start of my warranty as that happened to me on a CCC route and they replaced my IMU. You can try recalibrating accelerometer but that did not fix mine. That's an unacceptable "drift".

Oh man, I just got this replacement. I will try to calibrate all over again and make some additional flights while I wait next week to contact Yuneec.

Abby, concerning your loss of camera signal when extending landing gear; check that the antenna wire right next to the retract motor is sticking out and routed as far away from the retract motor as possible (1/4"). Sometimes that wire gets caught up under the camera gimbal mount.
Thank you hun I will check it again as I have not looked at that for a bit and I have taken the camera off a few times so i will look into it.
Thank you and I will keep you posted.
Miss H

Didn't get the errors when starting motors, the errors are random.
I'll have a read through and try rolling back the AP to 1.29.
Minor flaws with features I can cope with, loss of control is another thing! I have my flight test in 2 weeks so I need a reliable, stable craft lol
Good luck...put mine in the mail yesterday. I'll let Yuneec figure it out.

Well I'm back from the test of firmware v3.01 with AP1.29.
When I got to the flying site I did a double compass calibration doing slow steady rotations while pointing north (I don't usually do this but I'm trying everything!)
Powered everything down for a minute then powered up and ran a battery through it. Within the first 30 secs I got a yellow flash but only one. On landing I checked the logs and had 3 compass calibration warnings.
I then put another 3 batteries through the craft and have not had any more compass warnings :);):cool:
Thanks for the tips of downgrading the AP. Gonna run some more batteries through it and keep checking those logs.

When I got to the flying site I did a double compass calibration doing slow steady rotations while pointing north (I don't usually do this but I'm trying everything!)
Powered everything down for a minute then powered up and ran a battery through it. Within the first 30 secs I got a yellow flash but only one. On landing I checked the logs and had 3 compass calibration warnings.
I then put another 3 batteries through the craft and have not had any more compass warnings :);):cool:
Thanks for the tips of downgrading the AP. Gonna run some more batteries through it and keep checking those logs.

I had a similar experience post roll back. Checking logs helps but I'd be nice to know how many errors create a problem. Be great to see those in real time but as obsessive as we get here we'd never fly because we'd see one error in flight and want to land.

Reactions: Snagglesworth

Did you get a warning on the ST-16 at all about the compass calibration?

Finally had a chance to fly it after the last update. Very disappointing. There's still considerable wandering up to 4 or 5 feet. Plus whenever the land gear goes up or down there's sudden erratic wander/jag back and forth up to almost 2 feet.

I had re-calibrated everything, right twice.

I almost want to go back 2 or 3 updates ago when I had ZERO wander and everything worked perfect.. that was the upgrade before the new features though.

God this gets OLD.

Reactions: Drone_Video
Hey guys.. first time poster... we originally got a Typhoon H when it first came out and the firmware was still a little basic plus the controller/steering out of the box was a little "rough" imho.

Over xmas/new year I'm staying in Florida and really wanted to fly plus got a great deal on an H here... long story short, first thing upgraded everything to the newest firmware/software, installed UAV Toolbox... very impressed/mind blown so far ;)

Really like it and so far everything works perfectly. As usual I only do manual exposure and set the picture profile to "raw", tried CCC mode at max speed.. last couple of days it was unusually windy here in Orlando and I normally wouldn't fly in that weather, but after all the problem reports here I was curious, it held up really well.. in the end I even flew the preprogrammed CCC route that I was refining for a few days at max speed and the telemetry log shows very little deviation from the flight path. Happy camper!

However one thing I noticed that doesn't go away (I cleaned the flight app data, rebooted, reinstalled etc) is that the FPV "proxy"/preview video that the ST16 now automatically saves on the controller itself when you hit the record video button seems to be quite corrupted. I haven't found anything about that on the forum yet so I'm wondering if its normal or just a fault of my unit in particular.
Every MP4 has heavy artefacting/corruption in what I think are keyframe intervals (I think about every second it happens for a few frames) ... still ok to get a rough idea of what you filmed but super annoying to look at.
Anybody else has this or is it just supposed to be like that?

I'm having a similar issue. On my first flights xmas morning, fresh outa the box the video was flawless, imported to my laptop and played fine. After the 3.01 update the medie_data files are artefacting and choppy and the MP4 files in the 100media file import as sound waves..... ??? I've been flying rc for years but this video stuff is a bit new to me.
Any suggestions ?

Kitsap, are you talking about the video recorded on the ST16 controller locally or the video from the SD card in the CGO3 camera on the copter itself?
The latter works fine for me, only the smaller preview MP4 on the controller looks corrupted..

Same here, and my dad is having the same issue. My other issue is the video importing as a sound file in windows media player, but they play fine from the ST16

Same here, and my dad is having the same issue. My other issue is the video importing as a sound file in windows media player, but they play fine from the ST16
if you are recording a 4k file, the standard windows media player will only play the sound. Do a google search for free 4K video player. There is a version called "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" that will play the files properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis