Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H & Mavic Pro.

The BREEZE and the MAVIC PRO are in two different categories. The BREEZE is a selfie style drone designed with mostly taking snapshots of yourself & others, as well as scenery, from a higher aspect. The MAVIC PRO is a slimmed down PHANTOM 4 with a few extra capabilities tossed in. If you are someone who never takes the pictures off their phone, or does not create videos for family or YouTube or doesn't use photo editing software, then you're probably not going to be interested in the capabilities of the MAVIC PRO and the BREEZE would be more your speed.

Remember... DJI does not place the word "PROFESSIONAL" after any drone. It only does that if the drone has features a Professional or Hobby Professional would use.

Thanks.. that is a good take on it. I never thought of it being a more compact version of the Phantom 4. The thing that sells me on it.. is of course the portability of it. Also I am interested in making youtube videos, scenery video collages.. and also I like the fact you can stream to FB live from it. So I guess if I wanted to try a product from DJI.. Mavic Pro would be a suitable UAV I could get. I have the Typhoon H, and have been a bit on the fence for the Phantom 4 Pro just due its price and size.

My experience is the DJI stuff is not as good in the wind. In strong wind VPS is useless and the on board barometer doesn't do a good job. The H handles the wind much better getting useful shots.

When the wind calms down the P is more formidable.

Thanks.. that is a good take on it. I never thought of it being a more compact version of the Phantom 4. The thing that sells me on it.. is of course the portability of it. Also I am interested in making youtube videos, scenery video collages.. and also I like the fact you can stream to FB live from it. So I guess if I wanted to try a product from DJI.. Mavic Pro would be a suitable UAV I could get. I have the Typhoon H, and have been a bit on the fence for the Phantom 4 Pro just due its price and size.

Ah, I perhaps misunderstood your original post - if you want to produce YouTube videos and more artistic stuff, the Breeze would struggle compared to the Mavic. It really comes down to how much you want to spend on a camera.

I'd certainly wait until CES before making any big decisions though - we're likely to have some announcements from various companies, including Yuneec. :)

Ah, I perhaps misunderstood your original post - if you want to produce YouTube videos and more artistic stuff, the Breeze would struggle compared to the Mavic. It really comes down to how much you want to spend on a camera.

I'd certainly wait until CES before making any big decisions though - we're likely to have some announcements from various companies, including Yuneec. :)

I've got the breeze controller now and adding sticks really helps. It's not a Mavic at all nor trying to be. It's very much it's own thing. It's a really good quick documenter and the camera has its own look. Yesterday, a firmware update gave me new camera features for better white balance. I'm very happy with it because it meets my needs and expectations.
The biggest problem people have is defining those two things before they purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Rayray
I've got the breeze controller now and adding sticks really helps. It's not a Mavic at all nor trying to be. It's very much it's own thing. It's a really good quick documenter and the camera has its own look. Yesterday, a firmware update gave me new camera features for better white balance. I'm very happy with it because it meets my needs and expectations.
The biggest problem people have is defining those two things before they purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very true. Every drone makes a different set of compromises - battery life, camera quality, compactness, robustness, price - so you really need to be clear about why you're buying a drone. Every advert pretends this drone will solve every need you have, but the reality isn't there just yet.

Very true. Every drone makes a different set of compromises - battery life, camera quality, compactness, robustness, price - so you really need to be clear about why you're buying a drone. Every advert pretends this drone will solve every need you have, but the reality isn't there just yet.
Agreed! I almost bought the Mavic but YouTube posters are complaining about image quality. The Phantom 4 Pro has great image quality but you lose the portability ... at this point I've decided to upgrade my Typhoon H with external antennas and modify the ST-16 with idelite extended range antenna as well. I would bet Yuneec offers a higher quality camera in the near future since the H is already a great flying platform. I love the idea of the Mavic and breeze though

There is a guy on Youtube that does a measured comparison of the P4, Mavic, Typhoon and Inspire 4k image quality. He actually uses Stouffer steps to show the dynamic ranges, plus measures the data rates (they are all around 50Mbps) - the Inspire being slightly better all around. Since they all have 8bit resolution sensors, there is not a huge difference. Do you do post production, then this will far outweigh any camera to camera variations.
All 4 are compared to a 4/3 digital camera, which is far superior in all aspects of quality.
I can't find the link right now...(it's not that crazy idiot in NY with his hat on backwards).

I'm flying now with a guy that uses a couple of Mavic's. The Mavic has some useful guidance features and more range but it doesn't come close to the image quality the H provides. It's a great little quad for small spaces though.

I've found comparable image quality between Mavic and Typhoon H, I've also saved over $600 in excess baggage charges with Mavic and for long treks in the glaciers with other gear it's been fantastic...the DJI Geo Controls however (constant no fly messages etc. which are erroneous) are absolutely absurd. Next month I'm speaking to a group of professional videographers and Photographers and I will mention what a headache they are. I'm glad I own both just as I'm glad I own different cameras for different purposes for my regular video and photography.

Mickey,

When I used to travel for work, which was frequently, my baggage fees always started at $300.00 and went up from there. Fortunately the U.S. taxpayers were picking up the credit card tab.

As for the erroneous no fly/authorization zone crap, I was looking at a current DJI map the other day and found three such near me. For one of them I've known the "controlling authority" for about 15 years so I gave a call. The laughter was entertaining. I notified a DJI rep but don't know what happened afterwards.

I was getting knicked $100 for my H each direction when I flew to Iceland...but when I flew business class there was no charge of course....I long for the good old days... in the 1980's I once flew to Ireland with thirteen suitcases and wasn't charged a penny for excess baggage...a few years later one bag was a pound overweight and they wanted $50.

I did a trip to Mauritius where the outbound flight-business class, tagged me $300.00 for insurance on an over size-over weight box (84lbs) to assure it arrived the same time I got there. The package was mission critical. It arrived two days afterwards and put a half billion $ project in severe jeopardy. The interesting part was the trip back home where the carrier tried to charge me $600.00, uninsured, for the return trip. Again, business class.

Back in California now but don't let that stop you from visiting the Columbia Gorge using Hood River as a central base of operations, especially since you are in good physical shape. The "off piste" photo opportunities in that area are limitless. It's also a sports photographer's dream when the wind is blowing above 15 knots over the river. I do look forward to meeting you someday though:)

I did a trip to Mauritius where the outbound flight-business class, tagged me $300.00 for insurance on an over size-over weight box (84lbs) to assure it arrived the same time I got there. The package was mission critical. It arrived two days afterwards and put a half billion $ project in severe jeopardy. The interesting part was the trip back home where the carrier tried to charge me $600.00, uninsured, for the return trip. Again, business class.

Well this just solidifies every opinion I've had as far as flying for work, and after doing 1000 miles of driving today to avoid flying with the H, the Mavic is pushing its way onto the shopping list.

I was taking a bunch of scientific equipment for that one and driving the 800 miles or so from Madagascar to Mauritius just wasn't an option;) The guy that did the driving while I was there probably can never go back. Waaaay too many speed cameras on the highways over there and I think he popped every one of them at least once:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval