Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H wont descend

All is complete, the j3 would not center, center is -5, split the st16 cases, lubed all 4 pots, reassenled and did the hdwe check and now +5, still steady beeps on startup, did the secret strtup, 3 quick taps, did the gymbal calibration and all lights green, no beeps on startup. model starts, responds well, 19 sats on both units. Landing gear operation good, landing is succesful, a little slower than usual but good landing. Ascend again movement is good and accurate, go to 100 feet and begin descent, at approx 15 feet alt it slows down, descends very slowly, rise rapidly to 40 feet and begin descent, good steady drop to 15 feet again and all slows down , maybe 1 foot per second, at approx 2 feet it starts to slowly drift, maybe a gust of wind, but slides to a landing. End of test flight. Complete shutdown, restart, and rise to 50 feet, cycle gear, descend to 15 feet and full slow descent but completes to ground at the slow rate. I think I know why some people hand catch these things. SO, all FW updated, pots lubed all good except for this 15 foot slowdown, any suggestions greatly appreciated Dave I
I would like to see the flightlogs from these test flights.

Another thing to check is the flow camera on the bottom of the RS module as well as the sonic sensors there too. Use a Q-tip or lens cleaning cloth to wipe the flow camera lens. For the sonic sensors, make sure the covers are not pushed in or debris inside.
98C88FA4-53D7-4638-9088-950A4366D20D.jpeg
The sonic sensors are highlighted in green and the flow camera is highlighted in magenta.

Also make sure the fan is running. If the RS is overheating it will not function properly. The fan is a replaceable item.

RS doesn't check the LG position. On or off via checkbox on the ST diesn't disable the RS functionality but only distance marks on the screen.

Eratic stability very near to the ground depends from the ground's surface. Asphalt gives better results than a high grass.

only on the last few feet due to the RS. No solution to avoid this except to remove physically the RS. Unchecking in the ST16 gives nothing. Drift near the ground is from RS too, You'll face more strange things, like virtual obstacles and so on. The use of RS is worthy if you want to fly in closed indoor areas and so on. For high altitude flights, it is useless.
Hi Again, Is there a process for physically removing real sense, I have nnever knowingly used it or obstacle avoidance, gonna go out for a pure test and watch for anomolies, only thing I see is altitude is about 15 feet off. Altitude shows as -14 ft at touchdown. Sorry for being such a pain, but I love flying this thing but selling is looking better than picking up pieces. PS Haven't tried home mode yet, add to test procedures

Altitude shows as -14 ft at touchdown.
This depends from the GPS receiving quality in the ST16, which is definitely not the best.

Check the altitude when the motors are armed. This one will be the refference for all the next flight.

Last edited:
I would like to see the flightlogs from these test flights.

Another thing to check is the flow camera on the bottom of the RS module as well as the sonic sensors there too. Use a Q-tip or lens cleaning cloth to wipe the flow camera lens. For the sonic sensors, make sure the covers are not pushed in or debris inside.
View attachment 26553
The sonic sensors are highlighted in green and the flow camera is highlighted in magenta.

Also make sure the fan is running. If the RS is overheating it will not function properly. The fan is a replaceable item.
sensors , all three look clear and free of any debris, fan is spinning on start up

Reactions: Steve Carr
sensors , all three look clear and free of any debris, fan is spinning on start up
Would love to send flight logs to be reviewed, how much history is stored in logs,(last several or just last) are they stored on the st16 memory, I will review attachment 60 and upload this afternoon

I agree with removing the RS module, but am beginning to believe this could be the start of a barometer going bad or the IMU on the F/C in the aircraft starting to show signs of failure.

Here is the latest flightlog flightlog.zip.zip

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip[1].zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 1
did i do this right ? Are the barometer or IMU repairable ?

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip[1].zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 1
Install RS

Removing is the same as install from the end to the begining.
I dont know how many threads and attachments I have going but after uploading flight logs and before I did another test flight I decided to remove the realsense using the video of the install, my H came with realsense installed, so when I removed the RS the frontLED, the two doownward facing sonar, the fan and the IMU are all attached to the RS frame, I guess if you bought the RS and attached it you would have the LED unit to reinstall. So I guess there is not a way to un install real sense. Thanks for the idea though. I am learning as I go through these processes Dave I

I am uploading throttle vs altitude plots for flights 122, 123, and 124. I will be back in a bit to elaborate on what I am seeing. From erroneous values for J3 in the Remote log for 122 and 123 I feel these flights were made before cleaning the stick potentiometers and performing the controller calibration. Values in the Remote file for 124 looked normal.

00122.png
flight 00122
Altitude changes follow the J1 stick inputs for the first part of the flight. Around the 04:38 mark a descent command is given and the aircraft descends to what it thinks is 0 meters. The next throttle command is at the 06:18 mark to ascend which it does. A descent command immediately follows and the aircraft descends to an altitude of what it considers to be 6.5 meters below takeoff altitude. From what I see on Google Earth Pro the flight area appears fairly flat (no 20 foot hills).

00123.png
flight 00123
The first part of this flight shows normal response to J1 commands, but at 36:44 the descent command of J1 does not result in a decrease in altitude. The next command at 37:03 results in the aircraft descending to a height it thinks is about 5 meters (16 feet) and the next descent command results in very little lower ring of altitude. Subsequent descent commands result in a very slow descent until it finally lands at an altitude itbthinks is 5 meters below take off altitude. This flight area also appears to be flat according to Google Earth.

00124.png
flight 00124
Altitude appears to follow J1 commands all through this flight, but the descent that occurs from 35:30 to 36:00 is only a distance of 9 meters and should not take that long. The altitude at the 36:00 mark shows as 0 or takeoff altitude. Altitude responds to J1 commands beyond this point, but the altitude reads below takeoff position and landing is about 9 meters below takeoff according to the indicated altitude.

I am not seeing values for J1 being in in the full down position with the Rate slider in the Rabbit position on flights 122 and 124. There were some values in 123 near the end that seemed correct for J1 in full down position.

I would like to see logs from a test flight where the aircraft is taken up to about 30 feet then with the Rate slider at full Rabbit do full stick movement for three seconds. J3 forward, stop, J3 back, stop, J4 left, stop, J4 right, stop, J1 up, stop, J1 down, stop, J2 left, stop, J2 right, stop. Now place the Rate slider to turtle position and repeat the same sequence. Return the Rate slider to Rabbit and bring the aircraft in for a landing. I want to see the values that appear in the Remote log and the aircraft reaction to those commands. The pattern I described makes analysis a bit easier as we can see if the standard values are reached.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
So I guess there is not a way to un install real sense
You can remove the RS module and still fly the H without the status light. For the purpose of troubleshooting, this is a reasonable step to eliminate the RS as the culprit.

So I guess there is not a way to un install real sense.
Why? If you've hesitated about the tail LED cover, there are available for cents. But for now, you just can detach the cable and put the RS bask in the place, to use as a fancy cover.

I am uploading throttle vs altitude plots for flights 122, 123, and 124. I will be back in a bit to elaborate on what I am seeing. From erroneous values for J3 in the Remote log for 122 and 123 I feel these flights were made before cleaning the stick potentiometers and performing the controller calibration. Values in the Remote file for 124 looked normal.

View attachment 26559
flight 00122
Altitude changes follow the J1 stick inputs for the first part of the flight. Around the 04:38 mark a descent command is given and the aircraft descends to what it thinks is 0 meters. The next throttle command is at the 06:18 mark to ascend which it does. A descent command immediately follows and the aircraft descends to an altitude of what it considers to be 6.5 meters below takeoff altitude. From what I see on Google Earth Pro the flight area appears fairly flat (no 20 foot hills).

View attachment 26560
flight 00123
The first part of this flight shows normal response to J1 commands, but at 36:44 the descent command of J1 does not result in a decrease in altitude. The next command at 37:03 results in the aircraft descending to a height it thinks is about 5 meters (16 feet) and the next descent command results in very little lower ring of altitude. Subsequent descent commands result in a very slow descent until it finally lands at an altitude itbthinks is 5 meters below take off altitude. This flight area also appears to be flat according to Google Earth.

View attachment 26561
flight 00124
Altitude appears to follow J1 commands all through this flight, but the descent that occurs from 35:30 to 36:00 is only a distance of 9 meters and should not take that long. The altitude at the 36:00 mark shows as 0 or takeoff altitude. Altitude responds to J1 commands beyond this point, but the altitude reads below takeoff position and landing is about 9 meters below takeoff according to the indicated altitude.

I am not seeing values for J1 being in in the full down position with the Rate slider in the Rabbit position on flights 122 and 124. There were some values in 123 near the end that seemed correct for J1 in full down position.

I would like to see logs from a test flight where the aircraft is taken up to about 30 feet then with the Rate slider at full Rabbit do full stick movement for three seconds. J3 forward, stop, J3 back, stop, J4 left, stop, J4 right, stop, J1 up, stop, J1 down, stop, J2 left, stop, J2 right, stop. Now place the Rate slider to turtle position and repeat the same sequence. Return the Rate slider to Rabbit and bring the aircraft in for a landing. I want to see the values that appear in the Remote log and the aircraft reaction to those commands. The pattern I described makes analysis a bit easier as we can see if the standard values are reached.
OK, I am removing the real sense module and unchecking on st16 screen, during test does it matter if the camera is installed or not ? Again, thank you so much for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11