Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Your CGO3+ has 6 pins. Just fit your CGO3+ on the steadycam. It lines up perfectly with no additional wiring. It only uses 3 of the pins. As long as you have the upgraded battery (Not the 8AA version. That version doesn't supply enough voltage to the camera), you will be good to go.

I have the 8AA version and the CGO3+ camera works just fine so it does supply enough voltage to the camera. The difference is that the 8AA batteries will drain pretty quickly. I'm using rechargeable batteries until such time as I upgrade (if you can call it that) to a lipo.

Your CGO3+ has 6 pins. Just fit your CGO3+ on the steadycam. It lines up perfectly with no additional wiring. It only uses 3 of the pins. As long as you have the upgraded battery (Not the 8AA version. That version doesn't supply enough voltage to the camera), you will be good to go.

I use rechargeable AA batteries and they work fine.

I have the 8AA version and the CGO3+ camera works just fine so it does supply enough voltage to the camera. The difference is that the 8AA batteries will drain pretty quickly. I'm using rechargeable batteries until such time as I upgrade (if you can call it that) to a lipo.

I'm using 8 AA rechargeable batteries and I've yet to run out of power. Just last night, I ran out of memory card space (16GB) before the battery died. I was recording for at least an hour straight.

That's great news! While performing research for the steadycam, multiple people mentioned to find the upgraded version (With the battery pack). They reported that the 8AA version wouldn't last long.

That's great news! While performing research for the steadycam, multiple people mentioned to find the upgraded version (With the battery pack). They reported that the 8AA version wouldn't last long.

"last long" is certainly a relative term. - compared to what? 8AA batteries won't last as long as a higher capacity liPo battery, and if you're not using rechargeable batteries, more costly in the long run. But, that may be fine depending on your needs.

Or just swap the mount for the typhoonH mount. It sits further forward allowing the camera room to move.

View attachment 4526
I just purchased the 8AA version Steady Grip, so can you please clarify:

1. I have the H gimbal mount to swap out.
2. What wiring changes must I make for the new mount to work with the CGO3+?

Thanks in advance for your response.

See post #17 of this thread
Sorry to bother, and I hate to ask further, but after really studying your wiring photo, I can't tell where your connection points are on the gimbal mount plate.

I follow you on splicing the red, black, and white from the 4 pin plug, but my H gimbal mount plate has no wiring, just the 5 pin plug that connects it to the main board on the H itself. My thought is that I would get the connection plug with wiring and connect from there via your wiring instructions. Anything you can add to assist would really help. Thanks again.

You can use the standard typhoon H camera mount and fix it direct to the steady cam. Cut a hole in the steadycam to allow the connector and wiring through and then wire up to the back of the plug making a nice tidy job.

View attachment 2636
Standard typhoon h camera mount screwed into place. The wires go through the plastic body and are then soldered onto the back of the original connector.
View attachment 2637
The standard 8 x aa battery tray is removed. Jst battery connect soldered on and lipo connected.
View attachment 2638

Only took about half an hour to do all the mods. There's lots of screws holding the 2 halfs together but once they're all removed it's very easy to work on.

Hi Snagglesworth, I just read your old post above (Dec 2016) and am wondering if you have a pic showing the wiring connection from the Steadycam to the camera mount. I recently bought a Steady Grip with the pigtail connector and not the one with the 3 pin connector and was wondering if there is a way to make the steadyGrip I bought work with the Typhoon H camera mount.
I browsed several articles but no one had a pic showing the actual wiring.
I have attached several images which I'm hoping will show what I'm talking about.
Image 1 shows the wiring from the Steady Grip - Red, Black and Yellow and the 6 pin Typhoon H camera mount.
Image 2 shows the camera mount connector.
Is it even possible that what I'm trying to do will even work?
Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
Hi Snagglesworth, I just read your old post above (Dec 2016) and am wondering if you have a pic showing the wiring connection from the Steadycam to the camera mount. I recently bought a Steady Grip with the pigtail connector and not the one with the 3 pin connector and was wondering if there is a way to make the steadyGrip I bought work with the Typhoon H camera mount.
I browsed several articles but no one had a pic showing the actual wiring.
I have attached several images which I'm hoping will show what I'm talking about.
Image 1 shows the wiring from the Steady Grip - Red, Black and Yellow and the 6 pin Typhoon H camera mount.
Image 2 shows the camera mount connector.
Is it even possible that what I'm trying to do will even work?
Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Yes it will work. That's the same one as mine. If you look on page 1 post no17 there's a picture showing my wiring up off the back of the plug.

Sorry to bother, and I hate to ask further, but after really studying your wiring photo, I can't tell where your connection points are on the gimbal mount plate.

I follow you on splicing the red, black, and white from the 4 pin plug, but my H gimbal mount plate has no wiring, just the 5 pin plug that connects it to the main board on the H itself. My thought is that I would get the connection plug with wiring and connect from there via your wiring instructions. Anything you can add to assist would really help. Thanks again.

Hello Joneshd3488, I read your old post regarding the wiring connections for your camera mount that you were asking Snagglesworth for more information. I also have the same question about the wiring connection points on the camera mount. Did you ever manage to figure out how to connect the Red, Black and Yellow wires (from the Steady Grip) to the mount? I did ask Snagglesworth' for some info and he referred me to his #17 post which does not show how the Red, Black and White wires are connected to the mount. Am I missing something? :)
If you look at my #31 post, I have attached 2 images showing my camera mount and the wiring from the Steady Grip. Thanks for your help.....

For the back of the socket I used a pre wired plug off eBay. I think it was a 5 pin jst socket. As you look at the back the yellow goes to mTX/pwm then black to gnd and red to vbat.

You can use the standard typhoon H camera mount and fix it direct to the steady cam. Cut a hole in the steadycam to allow the connector and wiring through and then wire up to the back of the plug making a nice tidy job.

View attachment 2636
Standard typhoon h camera mount screwed into place. The wires go through the plastic body and are then soldered onto the back of the original connector.
View attachment 2637
The standard 8 x aa battery tray is removed. Jst battery connect soldered on and lipo connected.
View attachment 2638

Only took about half an hour to do all the mods. There's lots of screws holding the 2 halfs together but once they're all removed it's very easy to work on.
Did you soldered the wires directly on the copper connector of the H connecter. Or did you use the cables from the H connector plate to solder the red, black and yellow?

View attachment 2636
View attachment 2637
View attachment 2638

My tilt and hold does not work
I have two CGO3+ cameras one works on the SteadyGrip for Tilt/hold and the other doesn’t. The one that works has gimbal firmware V1.25 the one that doesn’t has V1.27 (a version that is not publicly available to my knowledge and only appears on later builds from Yuneec or factory refurbs). Both work correctly on the aircraft.

I have two CGO3+ cameras one works on the SteadyGrip for Tilt/hold and the other doesn’t. The one that works has gimbal firmware V1.25 the one that doesn’t has V1.27 (a version that is not publicly available to my knowledge and only appears on later builds from Yuneec or factory refurbs). Both work correctly on the aircraft.

Ok, Roger that. Hoe can i change the firmware? Last time i checked i could not download the software for pc that can read the cam.

You can check your version number by using the CGO app on iOS or the CGO3 app on Android if mounted to the SteadyGrip. If you are mounted to the aircraft just check in the ST16 System Settings, About Controller while bound.

Check with @WTFDproject , but I do not think you can revert the gimbal to an earlier firmware.

You can find most Yuneec apps and firmware on the YuneecSkins website in Yuneec Downloads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval