Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Test Flight

Ive been here just about as long as you and realized right off the bat that the original owners manual sucked. Yes there is useful information in there but lacking a lot more. It does not cover conditions that a lot of the senior H pilots have come across. We understand that is not spelled out in the manual as you have stated but the information provided by the users is from trial and error.The best thing to do is there is any questions, instead of referring to the manual if it is not clear is ask here.

Good morning to all. Seems the conversation went into feelings. These guys are awesome on here. Thanks to them I did the compass replacement and am very happy with the advice. Thanks Steve. I have been in rc for over 20 years and I have yet to see a complete manual come inside the box. Let alone be complete online. Getting into rc for a lot of us was tinkering and making your investment better. Hop ups didn’t have manuals you had to scour forums for others taking on a project like that to see how it was done. Clashing with people giving advice is always gonna get nowhere. This isn’t politics here, we are here because we all have something in common. The love for the hobby. Let’s keep it that way. Stay safe for the New Years ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy your flights as always keep those great videos coming. Some of us are grounded for numerous reasons. Me, it will be flirting with 0 degrees- to -35 with windchills for a week and a half. It’s already 3 days in to this cold stint.

I am not a beginner.
Never said you were, but failing to heed the advice you've been given by vastly experienced pilots of the H480 system regarding calibrations before the first flight is only courting trouble.

You, sir, are an accident waiting to happen. I only hope you don't cause injury to innocent people when you crash.

I now wash my hands of you.

Good morning to all. Seems the conversation went into feelings. These guys are awesome on here. Thanks to them I did the compass replacement and am very happy with the advice. Thanks Steve. I have been in rc for over 20 years and I have yet to see a complete manual come inside the box. Let alone be complete online. Getting into rc for a lot of us was tinkering and making your investment better. Hop ups didn’t have manuals you had to scour forums for others taking on a project like that to see how it was done. Clashing with people giving advice is always gonna get nowhere. This isn’t politics here, we are here because we all have something in common. The love for the hobby. Let’s keep it that way. Stay safe for the New Years ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy your flights as always keep those great videos coming. Some of us are grounded for numerous reasons. Me, it will be flirting with 0 degrees- to -35 with windchills for a week and a half. It’s already 3 days in to this cold stint.
I've been grounded since November because of the weather. Either too cold (for me because I'm soft), or too foggy, or rainy/snowy/windy. Last winter I managed to keep flying without too long a break, but this time I'm grounded :(

Never said you were, but failing to heed the advice you've been given by vastly experienced pilots of the H480 system regarding calibrations before the first flight is only courting trouble.

You, sir, are an accident waiting to happen. I only hope you don't cause injury to innocent people when you crash.

I now wash my hands of you.

As I have already said, I have been flying RC including quadcopters for almost 10 years and I have never crashed, I am very methodical and deliberate in my flying endeavors. Thank you for washing your hands, as I have had enough of responses from people like you. I wonder how many of these people even have AMA insurance.

Here is a test in my living room, sometimes I can get GPS and other times I will disable it for testing. I am amazed at how well balanced these motors and propellers are. It is absolutely smooth running.

The following is for educational purposes. Hopefully you’ll read it and take it as such and avoid wadding your shorts.

Having been an AMA member for over 30 years I think you may want to read all the fine print from how, when, and where coverage is applicable. Unless you’re flying at a sanctioned flying field or have set up a flight area in accordance with the AMA’s field safety guidelines, and can prove that, the payment of a claim is highly unlikely. The theft coverage from a locked vehicle will stand but that’s about all that will. It’s for those reasons I dropped my AMA membership and obtained commercial liability coverage. The AMA had not obtained a commercial carrier for commercial operators until just recently, and their support of more drone regulations added more reason to stop supporting them. Tossing in the fact that in 2005 I filed a claim with the AMA only to watch them weasel out of assisting the legal team handling an RC field incident induced by an outsider added fuel to the decision to part with them. The members with homeowner’s insurance (myself and others) and the county picked up the tab.

The following is for educational purposes. Hopefully you’ll read it and take it as such and avoid wadding your shorts.

Having been an AMA member for over 30 years I think you may want to read all the fine print from how, when, and where coverage is applicable. Unless you’re flying at a sanctioned flying field of have set up a flight area in accordance with the AMA’s field safety guidelines, and can prove that, the payment of a claim is highly unlikely. The theft coverage from a locked vehicle will stand but that’s about all that will. It’s for those reasons I dropped my AMA membership and obtained commercial liability coverage. The AMA had not obtained a commercial carrier for commercial operators until just recently, and their support of more drone regulations added more reason to stop supporting them. Tossing in the fact that in 2005 I filed a claim with the AMA only to watch them weasel out of assisting the legal team handling an RC field incident induced by an outsider added fuel to the decision to part with them. The members with homeowner’s insurance (myself and others) and the county picked up the tab.

I am going to forward your response to AMA directly and see what they have to say, until then I am going to continue to fly responsibly and renew my membership soon.

Whatever floats your boat:rolleyes: You should still read their terms of coverage though.

You don't trust anything other people tell ya so why should you believe an AMA e-mail response? Everything you need to know is in their official insurance documents and you have made it a point to stress how much you rely on official documentation. You complain about the Yuneec documents but won't, or don't want to read AMA legally binding documents, preferring to trust a response from someone else you don't know.

I've tried to help you in several ways but your responses have been consistently derogatory. It does not appear there's a way for me to help someone with 10 years of limited RC experience...

Last edited:
Whatever floats your boat:rolleyes: You should still read their terms of coverage though.

You don't trust anything other people tell ya so why should you believe an AMA e-mail response? Everything you need to know is in their official insurance documents and you have made it a point to stress how much you rely on official documentation. You complain about the Yuneec documents but won't, or don't want to read AMA legally binding documents, preferring to trust a response from someone else you don't know.

I've tried to help you in several ways but your responses have been consistently derogatory. It does not appear there's a way for me to help someone with 10 years of limited RC experience...
I complain about Yuneec's documents? It seems you fellas do.
You make a lot of assumptions and apparently you just cant keep away can you?

Ok...hope your bungee doesn’t break...this thread has been great fun. Clearly you’ve enjoyed twisting up some good folks here. I can’t wait to see your post after you destroy it. Your only motivation seems to be proving something about how much more factual you are then everyone else. One fact no one disputes here is gravity which is ready to take you out at any second. The manual doesn’t state you need a spotter nor does it address our FAA guidelines so be sure to blame Yuneec documentation when you inevitably make a mistake.

Ok...hope your bungee doesn’t break...this thread has been great fun. Clearly you’ve enjoyed twisting up some good folks here. I can’t wait to see your post after you destroy it. Your only motivation seems to be proving something about how much more factual you are then everyone else. One fact no one disputes here is gravity which is ready to take you out at any second. The manual doesn’t state you need a spotter nor does it address our FAA guidelines so be sure to blame Yuneec documentation when you inevitably make a mistake.

Bungee is brand new. It seems you are hoping and counting on me to have some kind of accident or incident. Dont bother it is not likely, see you don't know anything about me. You react and respond just like any typical Forum Troll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66