Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

YUNEEC BREEZE FACTORY RESET FOR WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEM

Hello Marcus,
That's an excellent question Marcus. If it were me I think I would research what type and brand of phone you intend to fly the Breeze with and then ask the community for their success rate with that type phone. There are a lot of people who swear they have never has a moments problem with the Breeze while others have experienced a nightmare. There has to be a common thread and I think it lies in the phone, operating system, and operating settings. Good Luck,

OMP
Thanks OMP, I actually have a Samsung note 3 running android 5. So that's like really old school. Think I'll be good?

Hello Marcus,

I'm going to say I doubt that your phone will work properly, but if you email or call Yuneec they have a list of phones that are not recommended and they should be able to tell you, and as I said post a new thread on the Breeze discussion forum and ask if others are making it work, good luck,

OMP

Hello Marcus,

I'm going to say I doubt that your phone will work properly, but if you email or call Yuneec they have a list of phones that are not recommended and they should be able to tell you, and as I said post a new thread on the Breeze discussion forum and ask if others are making it work, good luck,

OMP
I called yuneec and they told me as long as my phone has dual band, it should be good. So I asked them about the Samsung S5 which as we all know does not work with the Breeze, support said it will work especially because it is a newer phone that had dual band. Hmmmm

Hello Marcus,
I don't know what to tell you except that when I called Yuneec I did get the impression that the person I talked to was not very knowledgeable, he kept having to put me on hold to go and ask what I presume was a supervisor. Honestly if you have not purchased a Breeze yet I would hold off, there are so many small camera quads coming out right now I think the Breeze will fall behind quickly. I use mine for still photo landscape panorama so it does fine for what I use it for, but it always seems to have unsolved issues that keep plaguing it.
OMP

How is it that the breeze was once a drone that sold for $450. I just dropped 150 on this piece of garbage that refuses to work correctly. It connected and flew one time... one time. Now every time I try and connect, even if i am connected via wifi the app tells me to connect to wifi. I got solid green up front with a blink every once in a while and the blue lights on the back constantly blink. Also how tf am I supposed to update anything on the device or use features that require an internet connection if I'm connected to a wifi (my pos breeze) without internet. It's obvious yuneec builds horrible devices that aren't anything close to quality, not only in the app and connection, the actual drone itself is a cheap piece of garbage that feels like if I pick it up with a regular strength grip it will shatter. It doesn't actually shatter but everything that isnt supposed to move moves, motherboard, hard reset button, camera moves left and right. Lens glass looks like it has a sticker on it but there isnt. Horrible drone, horrible company, too expensive for the poor quality. If u want a yuneec I suggest you go to dollar general and buy whatever one they have there because it will b better and only 50$ or even an airhog without a controller works better than this breeze 4k paper weight. Btw this is my 2nd replacement and still doesnt work. Pic 1 shows random ring around sensor. Pic 2 shows a broken guard from merely putting it on the drone. Pic 3 shows camera being left of center when it should be in the middle. Contacting the bbb tomorrow.

Attachments

• 15485701754126744153237134723263.jpg
    15485701754126744153237134723263.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 15485702328829109242578283135961.jpg
    15485702328829109242578283135961.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 15485702578806496442001808685923.jpg
    15485702578806496442001808685923.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
My problem with the WiFi is that at the beginning it works well but if I turn it off for a moment or change the battery no longer turns green on the led to connect to WiFi and I have to turn it off and wait a few minutes for the LED to turn green again and connect to wifi.
Has anyone had this problem?

My problem with the WiFi is that at the beginning it works well but if I turn it off for a moment or change the battery no longer turns green on the led to connect to WiFi and I have to turn it off and wait a few minutes for the LED to turn green again and connect to wifi.
Mine did exactly the same thing when it was new. I found that if I held the button in until it beeps, it would start. (It was in the instructions, but I somehow missed it.) Are you holding the button long enough?

Mine did exactly the same thing when it was new. I found that if I held the button in until it beeps, it would start. (It was in the instructions, but I somehow missed it.) Are you holding the button long enough?

I am already doing tests and if it improves in some occasions but still presents the problem, some other solution?

I am already doing tests and if it improves in some occasions but still presents the problem, some other solution?
The only other thing I did was the "factory reset" a couple of times. That one is tricky because of the timing. It may have helped, but I don't know. I was doing it all at about the same time.

How is it that the breeze was once a drone that sold for $450. I just dropped 150 on this piece of garbage that refuses to work correctly. It connected and flew one time... one time. Now every time I try and connect, even if i am connected via wifi the app tells me to connect to wifi. I got solid green up front with a blink every once in a while and the blue lights on the back constantly blink. Also how tf am I supposed to update anything on the device or use features that require an internet connection if I'm connected to a wifi (my pos breeze) without internet. It's obvious yuneec builds horrible devices that aren't anything close to quality, not only in the app and connection, the actual drone itself is a cheap piece of garbage that feels like if I pick it up with a regular strength grip it will shatter. It doesn't actually shatter but everything that isnt supposed to move moves, motherboard, hard reset button, camera moves left and right. Lens glass looks like it has a sticker on it but there isnt. Horrible drone, horrible company, too expensive for the poor quality. If u want a yuneec I suggest you go to dollar general and buy whatever one they have there because it will b better and only 50$ or even an airhog without a controller works better than this breeze 4k paper weight. Btw this is my 2nd replacement and still doesnt work. Pic 1 shows random ring around sensor. Pic 2 shows a broken guard from merely putting it on the drone. Pic 3 shows camera being left of center when it should be in the middle. Contacting the bbb tomorrow.

I have no idea what you are referring to in photo 1. What is a random ring?

Photo 2 makes no sense, when I first used my Breeze I put the prop guards on and off every time it came out of the case. The only time they seemed a bit fragile was in cold <40F temps and the plastic was stiffer than normal.

Photo 3 the camera is mounted to the A9 board which is mounted to the heatsink and suspended on rubber dampers to provide isolation from flight vibrations. With the Breeze held in this sideways position it will pull off center due to gravity.

The camera lens does come with a protective film over it from the factory to prevent scratches and dust. The internet connection to update while connected to the Breeze via WiFi is through the cellular network. Don’t put down things you don’t understand, because you don’t investigate how they work.

While the Breeze is not a great video drone with a 3 axis camera gimbal. It is also not a bad starter drone to learn how to fly a GPS stabilized drone that takes nice 12MP photos and fairly good 1080p video. It will do 4K video, but you will spend more on the computer and video editing software that will stabilize the video than what it is worth.

The Breeze is a reasonably priced portable selfie drone and if your expectations are higher than that, dig deeper in your wallet to match your lofty goals.

Last edited:

My first Breeze had this trouble after flying through one battery on many occasions. It was due to an overheating problem. My replacement Breeze will fly through all three of the batteries I have for it without overheating, but if it sits powered up and connected without moving for six or seven minutes it will drop connnection and I’ll have to let it cool.

You should contact Yuneec CS at Yuneec USA | Support, and choose Speak with a Pro. Try the Live Chat and if you are not able to get through that way after several tries use the Schedule Phone Support and choose an opening that fits your schedule.

I strongly suspect you are having thermal troubles with your Breeze and if you are within the 1 year warranty period they will take care of it.

Reactions: WalterSanchez
My first Breeze had this trouble after flying through one battery on many occasions. It was due to an overheating problem. My replacement Breeze will fly through all three of the batteries I have for it without overheating, but if it sits powered up and connected without moving for six or seven minutes it will drop connnection and I’ll have to let it cool.

You should contact Yuneec CS at Yuneec USA | Support, and choose Speak with a Pro. Try the Live Chat and if you are not able to get through that way after several tries use the Schedule Phone Support and choose an opening that fits your schedule.

I strongly suspect you are having thermal troubles with your Breeze and if you are within the 1 year warranty period they will take care of it.

Thank you :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace