Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Typhoon H, H-Pro, H-480 all represent the same basic aircraft. 480 denotes the “wheelbase”, or distance between opposing motor output shafts in mm. The 920 is 920mm from motor shaft to opposing motor shaft.

Reactions: Daverou
So I was confused about this too. Are the terms Typhoon H and Typhoon H480 interchangeable. I see know demarcation of the box (bought refurbished) and no indication of "480" in the documentation or Yuneec website information on Typhoon H, yet all the ebay listings for parts, props, etc. list H480.
Pretty sure the numbers refer to the size across from tip to tip - not the body - 480 mm, 520 mm, etc. As to the typical H - I think the "pro" refers to having or not having the Real Sense module when sold initially. Real Sense can be added/removed pretty easily. I think the "Plus" is the same size, but has different software and capabilities, and maybe is standard with the Real Sense. It may have different camera capabilities as well. The 520's are larger, manufactured orange, and have different capabilities. The H3? Don't know, but I know it's different. The 920? Big bucks, payload ratings, able to dust crops, etc. Huge and for professional use. Of course, all of them can be used professionally, but it's the big boy. This is how I understand all these differences. Many parts are interchangeable between models, but very many are not, so it's a good thing to be familiar with this stuff. Or at least familiar enough to ask here and do your research, as you're doing. Buyer definitely beware, because sometimes the seller just doesn't know along with those folks just trying to sell whatever to whomever. One of our resident experts that actually knows the differences, or Yuneec, should put up a definitive table comparing/contrasting all of the models and the terminology. OK, the part about Yuneec doing anything these days is a joke...

Reactions: Mike Irish
Just to clarify, the Typhoon H Plus and the new H3 are both part of the 520mm platform and are based on the H520 and use the ST-16S controller. All three have their own version of flight software.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Here you go, @MikeDV,

480mm - Typhoon H, H Pro, H Advance, with or without RealSense; all fall into the pet name H480. All use the ST16 controller; two versions exist: the early versions had two external, one internal antenna; later version has all three antennae external.

520mm - H Plus, H520, H3; all use the ST16s controller; different software for each platform.

920mm - 920 and 920+. [From memory] 920 uses ST24; 920+ uses ST16.

This work? Will edit further if necessary.

Jeff

Reactions: MikeDV
One more thing; the 920/920+ never employed Real Sense. RS is not at all compatible with them.

Perhaps Yuneec figured nobody flying a $4000-$8000 machine would be stupid enough to fly one close enough to something that could destroy it, and therefore wouldn’t need something like RS.

Here you go, @MikeDV,

480mm - Typhoon H, H Pro, H Advance, with or without RealSense; all fall into the pet name H480. All use the ST16 controller; two versions exist: the early versions had two external, one internal antenna; later version has all three antennae external.

520mm - H Plus, H520, H3; all use the ST16s controller; different software for each platform.

920mm - 920 and 920+. [From memory] 920 uses ST24; 920+ uses ST16.

This work? Will edit further if necessary.

Jeff
Nice Jeff. Maybe this should be a sticky post at the top of all the forums. Expanded to include battery/type & cross use, camera capabilities & cross use, etc. Always lot of questions about this (I've asked a few myself) especially with potential purchasers. Kinda' like the community made repair manual, which is a wonderful resource.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco